ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: "Lungsot"  (läst 1247 gånger)

2022-06-13, 00:49
läst 1247 gånger

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 316
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-21, 18:15
    • Visa profil
I am looking at Anna Justina Sveningsdotter, 21 Aug 1858, who had 6 children and only one lived.  Two died before the age of one; a son died in 1913 at age 20 of “lungsot”; a son died in[/size] [/size]1915 at age 24 of “lungsot”; another son died in Nov 1918 at age 32 of “lungsot”.  Anna died two months earlier in Sep 1918 at age 60, the death listed as “lungtuberkulos”.  Since two died[/size] [/size]in 1918, I was thinking it was the 1918 flu; but all the others died earlier.  Could it be that tuberculosis ran in the family?  The only survivor was Sven Ernst Karlson (27 May 1888), but there is a notation to the[/size] [/size]right indicating he was in a hospital (I think).  The household record can be found at (line 5):

https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/80006002_00341

There is another notation on the next page with a wife and children listed.  Could he have been in a hospital for TB?

So glad he made it as I was getting depressed about the rest of the family.

Carol

2022-06-13, 08:13
Svar #1

Utloggad KG Hammarlund

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2562
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-25, 13:55
    • Visa profil
"Västerviks hospital och asyl" and "Eksjö sinnessjukhus" were both psychiatric hospitals, so no direct connections to TB although, of course, losing a mother and siblings might have contributed to mental illness.

Since TB is contagious, it's possible that family members passed it on to each other. Environmental factors might also play a part. Don't know if there's a genetic disposition making some people more vulnerable to the TB bacillus.

2022-06-13, 23:16
Svar #2

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 316
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-21, 18:15
    • Visa profil
Thanks, KG.  At least he seems to have gotten well enough to marry.  But what a tragic story!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna