ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Estate Inventory  (läst 323 gånger)

2022-06-09, 22:57
läst 323 gånger

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 85
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-14, 03:37
    • Visa profil
Could someone please translate the first line of this estate inventory? It is the estate inventory of Cajsa Persdotter who died in 1817 and is my great-great-great grandmother. I found her estate inventory on the Södra Möre district court records - page 532 (1817). It seems she owns only this and some clothes so am very curious as to what this could possibly be. She died 2 weeks after her son was born.
Thank you.

2022-06-10, 09:50
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5115
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-14, 18:42
    • Visa profil
It says "dess utlånta möderne arv" - maternal inheritance lend away to someone

2022-06-10, 17:47
Svar #2

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thank you! That was impossible to decipher.

But now I have more questions. Why would someone lend their inheritance to someone? That was all she owned other than some clothing.

I have included more of the estate inventory here. I can only read bits and pieces.
Cajsa Pehrsdotter died on September 19th. I think her father was Pehr Svensson from Gullaboås but I can’t figure out why Jonas Petersson is mentioned in this document.
She had an infant son Peter who was only two weeks old. There’s a Peter mentioned in this document by I can’t figure out what it says about him.
Any help would be most appreciated.

2022-06-10, 18:32
Svar #3

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Her son Peter is actually two month old, not two weeks, but I guess that doesn't matter. Cajsa was not married so her son could not legally inherit her, so her father Per Svensson was getting all her belongings. But he is leaving everything to her son anyways, giving him a somewhat better start of his life. But regardles of this, the child need a guardian to take care of his rights in this dividing of the inheritance, even if it seems unnecessary in this situation. But that's why Jonas Petersson is here this day, he is Peter's guardian.

2022-06-10, 18:42
Svar #4

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much! If that had been written in English, I still would not have been able to read it.

And just so I understand correctly… that maternal inheritance that was loaned. Do you think that it was Cajsa’s money that she loaned to someone … or Cajsa’s mother’s money that was loaned that should have gone to Cajsa?

Thank you for your patience with me.

2022-06-10, 19:04
Svar #5

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Well, I don't know. Maybe there was an estate inventory done when her mother died? If so, that might explain it.

2022-06-10, 19:06
Svar #6

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Her mother died in 1810 so I will look there.

Thank you for all of your help.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna