ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with 1825 land records  (läst 584 gånger)

2022-05-31, 14:42
läst 584 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
Attached is a copy of the 1825 land record for Torpa, Torpa, Kronoberg.  Can anyone help with the two righthand columns for Torpa?  It looks the first of the two if related to the military and the last column contains updated notes for this property.

Jordeböcker Kronobergs län 1631–1871 (G) 165 (1825) Image 3290 / Page 4469 (AID: v1006854.b3290.s4469, NAD: SE/RA/55201.07)

Thanks for your help!

Vicki Cihla

2022-06-02, 17:38
Svar #1

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-05, 11:22
    • Visa profil
Hello again Vicki,

I'll give it a go, although I'm not sure about the currency here without looking it up, looks like Daler and shillings?. On the right page the small text above the figures say "3 to the Major's Company".

Second last column: Kronan Behållit. - i e kept by the Crown.

Last column:
1844.d.11. Mars lösen för å Torpa Skatte Utjord befintlig ekeskog erlagd med 1.RDr 6S - i e ... fee for oak tree wood on Torpa distant property paid for with..
1859 den 12 Mars är Ekeskogslösen för motstående 3/8 mtl erlagd med 9 Rd för befintlig och 9 S för upvexande. - i e ..the fee for Oak tree wood corresponding to the 3/8 mantal on previous page paid by 9 Rd for existing and 9 S för growing trees...

Hope that helps a bit.

/Yvonne

2022-06-02, 18:53
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
Hi Yvonne,

How nice to hear from you again!   I got an email from DigitalArchive saying the 1825 land registers are now available so thought I'd give it a try!  Not exactly sure what it will tell me, but what you sent is very interesting.  Not sure how to understand it though - was payment made with oak tree wood, with trees planted or ? 

The reason I ask is that I have a Norwegian g grandfather who was a pioneer in Dakota Territory and one of the ways he gained property was to plant x number of trees and keep the land for a specified length of time (it was called a Timber Culture).  The government wanted settlers to plant trees on the prairie.

Now, I'm curious to check on the other properties my ancestors were living on around 1825 and after.  :)   

Thanks, as always, for your help.  It's much appreciated!

Vicki

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna