ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Cemetery - grave markers  (läst 258 gånger)

2022-01-18, 18:25
läst 258 gånger

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 85
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-14, 03:37
    • Visa profil
I am planning a trip to Sweden either this summer or next depending on travel restrictions due to Covid. I was planning on visiting the cemeteries at the Gudmundrå Church and the Gullabo Church to pay my respects to my ancestors. However, I have read that the grave markers are removed after 25 years and was wondering if this is true. Also, if it is, what do they do with the removed grave markers?
Thank you for any information.
Lynette Norlander Case

2022-01-19, 06:48
Svar #1

Utloggad Per Sundin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6941
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 08:26
    • Visa profil
    • Släkter och gårdar
As long as someone of the relatives pay a minor fee (around 1000 SEK annually) the grave markers remain untouched. There is no rules that say that after 25 years the grave markers should be removed. It is only if the the cemetery authorities need more room they contact the relatives who last paid for the grave to know whether they are willing to pay the fee or not. Mostly these relatives are dead and no research is done to try to find living relatives. You could investigate in advance whether the grave markers you are interested in still stands. Contact the cemetery expedition in Gudmundrå: kramfors.kyrkogardsexp@svenskakyrkan.se.

2022-01-19, 14:37
Svar #2

Utloggad Lynette Case

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 85
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-14, 03:37
    • Visa profil
Thank you for the information. I will contact the church.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna