ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need help with 1784 estate inventory Kånna parish  (läst 1082 gånger)

2021-06-10, 21:33
läst 1082 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
Can anyone help me with the attached estate inventory? 

Sunnerbo häradsrätts arkiv, Bouppteckningar och arvskiften, SE/VALA/01582/F II/8 (1785-1787)

I think the first part is saying something like this (but I'm hoping someone can confirm or correct my understanding as needed):

28 December 1784 an estat3e inventory was taken following the death of “dannemann” Jonas Arvidsson in Kånna Arvidsgård (Kånna) on behalf of the child of his second marriage, daughter Karin, age 18 and daughter Maria, age 12 from his first marriage and his widow Märta Simonsdotter and son Pär age 4. 

I'm not at all sure what the end is saying (circled) so any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

Vicki

2021-06-11, 10:41
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5026
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 14:22
    • Visa profil
That part is only formalities, the widow must say an oath to not hide anything from the evaluation men and so on.

2021-06-11, 13:19
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you, Kalle,

I appreciate your help,

Vicki

2021-06-11, 17:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-05, 11:22
    • Visa profil
Hello again Vicki,
Both daughters are from the first marriage, and the son from the second marriage with his widow, otherwise correctly understood.
/Yvonne

2021-06-11, 18:27
Svar #4

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you for your help again, Yvonne!

I was confused about the first part of my translation wondering why a child from his second marriage was mentioned first (without a name) followed by the two daughters from his first marriage and then (after that) mentioning his widow and their son! :)  I did realize that the daughters were from his first marriage - my sentence was very clumsy because I misunderstood the first part! 

Sunnerbo häradsrätts arkiv, Bouppteckningar och arvskiften, SE/VALA/01582/F II/8 (1785-1787)

On the last page (attached) the representatives of the children are mentioned:

Joran Eriksson in Kånna is representing the daughter Karin (I think this may be the first wife's brother possibly)
Jacob S? from Ljungen is representing the daughter Maria (not sure who he might be yet)
Nils Arvidsson?? from Kånna is representing the son Pär?  (if I have the name right - maybe a brother of the boy's father?)

I just learned of this second marriage and am trying to see I can go back further on Jonas Arvidsson's line using this information.  :)

Thanks so much for your ongoing help!

Vicki

2021-06-11, 20:08
Svar #5

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Joran Eriksson in Kånna is representing the daughter Karin (I think this may be the first wife's brother possibly)
Jacob S? from Ljungen is representing the daughter Maria (not sure who he might be yet)
Nils Arvidsson?? from Kånna is representing the son Pär?  (if I have the name right - maybe a brother of the boy's father?)
Jacob Sunesson, Impossible to read where he lived but it seems to start with "Hång..."
Nils Axselsson, normally spelled Axelsson. Neither Sune nor Axel were very common names at that time, so they should be possible to track quite easily

2021-06-11, 21:02
Svar #6

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-05, 11:22
    • Visa profil
I think Kalle got it right there, but I would not exclude the nameform Suensson for Jacob, some priests in that area sometimes seem to have used that form - Suen or Sune... ie Sven. The parish Hånger is a bit north from Kånna, a possible place to start looking for him.

Jöran Ericksson lived in Kånna Skattegård and was married to Karin Månsdotter.
Nils Axelsson lived in Kånna Persgård, later in Kånna Nilsgård, and was married to Elin Simonsdotter, probably a sister of the widow?
/Yvonne

2021-06-11, 21:18
Svar #7

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I was considering Suensson, but compared to other n and e on the same page it must be Sunesson. N is written wider and e narrower.

2021-06-11, 21:33
Svar #8

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Yvonne and Kalle,

Thank you so much for this information, i really appreciate these additional leads and will follow up!

Vicki

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna