ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with translation  (läst 829 gånger)

2021-05-26, 20:57
läst 829 gånger

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 316
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-21, 18:15
    • Visa profil

The following links are estate inventories for my 3rd great-grandparents (thanks to Per Petterson & Jorgen Tollesson).  My 3rd great-grandmother died first - Britta Olofsdotter 29 Jun 1817.  Jan Andersson, my 3rd GGF died 3 Apr 1831.  Would it be possible for someone to translate the first parts of each and the signature pages?  I understand that it would be too much trouble to translate the entire inventory, so would you tell me what types of items are listed - tools, animals, etc.?  It apears that they were fairly well-off as the number of items seems large.  I'm not sure as I cannot read Swedish.  Also, what would be done with these estates?  Are they taxed or listed mainly to pass ownership?  Thanks for any help.  Carol[/size]

Hova häradsrätt:
[/size]FII:16, p. 753:https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0106835_00408FII:22, p. 519:https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/C0106841_00291

2021-12-09, 22:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Erik Mouwitz

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 126
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-05, 15:23
    • Visa profil
Here's my transcription and translation:

First page of Bouppteckning from 1817 transcription:
"År 1817 den 3 October wart på Begiäran upteckning ock wär-
 dering af undertecknade företagen öfwer den Qwar-
 låtenskap som befans efter Afledne hustrun Britta
 Olofsdotter i Bremon Som genom döden Afgick den 29
 Junii nästliden och eftter sig Lemnat Enkomannen
 Jon Andersson samt Sex barn, fyra söner och tränne
 döttrar hwilka alla äro myndiga, ock företogs inven-
 teringen i Enkomannens, samt 2ne Söners Johannes och Eriks
 för de Bortowarande Sönerna, Olof och Jacob, war tillkallade
 Jacob Davidson i Räffiäll att bewaka deras Rätt, miölna-
 ren Petter Andersson wid Lilla Häggebo hindrar af wärkets
 drift, men hans hustru närwarande, Hussar Ram war Be-
 ordrad på möte i Fredsbergs tomt, och hans hustru war beswärad
 af ett Siukt Barn, således kunde ingen inställelse blifwa
 från den mågen, men hustrun kom tillstädes emot förmo-
 dan, och upgaf Enkomannen Boets förmögenhet på
 nedan Skrifwna Sätt:"

First page of Bouppteckning from 1817 translation:
In 1817 on the 3rd of October, upon request, an inventory was held by the undersigned of the inheritance left by the wife Britta Olofsdotter in Bremon, who died on the 29th of June and left behind the widower Jon Andersson and six children, four sons and three daughters [sic!], all of legal age. The inventory was held in presence of the widower and the two sons Johannes and Erik. The absent sons Olof and Jacob were to be represented by Jacob Davidsson in Räffiäll and the miller Petter Andersson from Lilla Häggebo, but the latter was prevented from attending by the running of his mill, and was thus replaced by his wife. The hussar Ram had been ordered to attend a meeting and his wife was caring for a sick child, and thus it appeared as if this son-in-law would not be represented, but against expectation the wife did attend. The widower enumerated the inheritance as follows:

Signature page of Bouppteckning from 1817 transcription:
Att icke något med wettskap wara undandölgt will
iag med Liflig Ed besanna om så skulle önskas

Jan IAS Andersson i Bremon
Sålunda upgifwit, wärderat uptecknat och underskrifwit
 intyga tillkallade wärderingsmän; är ock tid som förut.
L. Jacobson                                            Eric Larsson

Signature page of Bouppteckning from 1817 translation
That nothing has been willingly hidden away, I the undersigned would confirmed with an oath if required
Jan IAS Andersson in Bremon

The accuracy of above enumeration, evaluation, documentation and signature is certified by the appointed valuerson the date given above
L. Jacobson                                            Eric Larsson

First page of Bouppteckning from 1831 transcription
År 1831 den 13de Maj blef underteknade anmode, att
 förrätta Laga Bouptekning efter Afledne Enke Mannen
 f:d: Bonden Jan Andersson i Stora Bremon som med dö-
 den afgick den 2dre Aprill detta År, uti Finnerödja Socken af
 Wadsbo härad och Skaraborgs Län – Efterlämnande Fyra
 Söner och Tvenne Döttrar, af hvilka alla äro myndiga.
 Qvarlåtenskapen upgafs af den yngsta Sonen Eric Jansson
 och dess Hustru Catharina Jansdotter – som följer nemligen.

First page of Bouppteckning from 1831 translation:
In 1831 on the 13th of May the undersigned were appointed to undertake the estate inventory of the deceased widower, former farmer Jan Andersson in Stora Bremon who died on the 2nd of April this year in Finnerödja parish in Vadsbo härad and Skaraborgs län – leaving behind four sons and two daughters, all of legal age.
 The inheritance was enumerated by the youngest son Eric Jansson and his wife Catharina Jansdotter as follows:

The signature page is the same as the 1817 one, except for the signatures.

As for the contents of the 1817 estate, I would say that they were not poor, but did not live in opulence. Keep in mind every single object owned is listed, so these lists tend to become long quite quickly. Their most valuable objects, apart from the liquor still, are the livestock: 1 black horse, 2 oxen, 1 bull, 4 cows, 8 sheep, 10 goats and 6 pigs. I can find no objects made from silver or gold (they were often listed first).
The 1831 inventory is naturally even more modest.
The purpose of the bouppteckning was taxation, but in some, the inheritance has been divided into lots that are to be inherited by specific children. That's not the case with these two inventories.

Hope I've answered your questions :)
Erik

2021-12-09, 23:41
Svar #2

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 316
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-21, 18:15
    • Visa profil
Erik,

Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.  You put in a lot of time and effort - thanks again.

Carol

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna