ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with reading/translating one record  (läst 1236 gånger)

2021-05-22, 11:18
läst 1236 gånger

Utloggad Manuel Aguilar-Hendrickson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 10
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-09-04, 15:36
    • Visa profil
Hello
I would be very grateful if somebody would help me read and understand the comments in this HFL record. Both belong to the same page and family. I know there's a family breakup involved. Thank you.
All the best

Manuel Aguilar-Hendrickson

2021-05-22, 12:19
Svar #1

Utloggad Staffan Bergh

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2951
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-29, 11:57
  • aka festerman
    • Visa profil
    • BFiles
If you give us the source, it'll be easier ... Parish, book and page(s) would be nice, and also if you tell us what you know about who and when?

From the first picture: someone is "known to be unstable in behaviour", someone (else, probably) has been twice accused of theft, someone has moved to North America, and someone has been divorced "by the decision of the Cathedral chapter 7/9 59" ...
mvh /staffan -- BFiles

2021-05-22, 13:15
Svar #2

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hello

Thank you very much.

This is the source:
Sigtuna, Sankt Olof och Sankt Per (AB) AI:12 (1856-1860) Image 540 / Page 50

A few indications of what I know:
1. On the record you will find three brothers (Johan Petter Nystedt, Eric Abraham Nystedt, and Carl August Nystedt). Eric Abraham had inherited their father's tinsmith workshop, but I think the other brothers worked with him. The page also shows the first two are married and have children. There seem to be other people who worked with them on the same page.
2. I know Eric Abraham left Sigtuna in 1860 and went to America, leaving his family behind. I don't know the exact reasons or what actually happened, and I think some of the notes will help me understand what happened. I'm not sure, but I think he sold or left the workshop to Jan Petter (that may be why he's at the top of the page).

Thanks again.

All the best,

Manuel

2021-05-22, 17:42
Svar #3

Utloggad Staffan Bergh

• Anbytare *****
  • aka festerman
    • Visa profil
    • BFiles
OK -- in 1856, when AI:12 starts, there are 2 brothers Nystedt in Sigtuna:

* [on p 97] the elder Erik Abraham, born 1830, is married to Anna Sofia Larsdotter (b 1833 in Håtuna), and they have two kids, Erik (b 1855) and Emma Sofia (b 1856). Erik is a "bleckslageriarbetare", he works for a tinsmith. They (Erik) owns a property, #20 in the "Malm" quarter*. Erik has twice been accused of theft ("Varit 2ne ggr anklagad för stöld.").

* [p 50] Johan Peter, born 1833, is married to Ulrika Johanna Englund (b 1933) and they have one daughter, Alma Johanna born 1856. They live in #13 Western quarter, on a property owned by big brother Abraham. Johan Peter is, like his brother, a tinsmiths worker. Johan Peter is known for his "less stable behaviour" ("Gjort sig känd för ett mindre stadgat uppförande"). (This is the top of your first picture).

In March 1856, the youngest brother Nystedt, Carl August, b 1836, comes from Stockholm. He's an apprentice tinsmith. He moves on to Örebro in May the same year. The note for him (your second picture, above) only says essentially the same thing, but emphasizes that the pastor has no remarks regarding his behavior.

In the autumn of 1856 (after Johan Peters daugther is born in August), Erik Abraham and Johan Peter swap houses.

Erik Abraham and his wife have two more kids (Jacob 1857 and Rudolf 1859). On the 24 of October 1858, Eric Abraham is judged for the first time offence of "enfalt hor" (having sex while married, to an unmarried woman). Absolved in church, I think, 1859-01-03. On July 11, 1859, he's judged for a second offence ... Divorced from his wife, and, acc. to chapter 13, §2 of the Marriage code (Giftermålsbalken) prohibited to remarry until his former wife is dead or remarried. The divorce is settled by the Catedral chapter on Sept 7, 1859. (this is the bottom part of your first picture.)
In June 1860, Erik Abraham takes out papers to go to North America.

[p 97] As for Johan Peter, he is arrested for home invasion ("hemfridsbrott") 1857-08-20, has a son (Jan Albert) in 1859, and is sentenced to be reprimanded privately in church ("enskild skrifts undergående") in June 1860 for something ...
It's easier to read in the next book[1] (but I still don't get what the crime is :(). We also learn that Johan Peter is sentenced for beating up his mother-in-law in 1862, judged to 1 years separation from his wife in 1863, and divorced in 1865, and that he too moves to North America, in 1865.

Carl August comes back briefly in 1860 (6 rows further down on page 50, AI:12), and the note there says that he has been a soldier in the 2nd Life Guards regiment (2. Livgardet), and that he moves on to become a soldier in the Horse Guards (Livgardet till häst).

--

* Probably people in Sigtuna would say "på Malmen", but I don't really know Sigtuna ...

[1]  Sigtuna, Sankt Olof och Sankt Per (AB) AI:13 (1861-1865) Bild 1090 / Sida 104 (AID: v89741.b1090.s104, NAD: SE/SSA/1557)
mvh /staffan -- BFiles

2021-05-22, 17:57
Svar #4

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hi

Thanks a lot. I had only managed to understand a few words, but this makes much more sense.

I know what happened to Erik Abraham later in Minnesota because he's my grandfather's grandfather. He seems to have been quite a character. ;-) The story in the family goes that he divorced because he believed his wife had been unfaithful, but I guess that was his version.

I had found that Johan Peter moved to America in 1865. I don't know anything about what happened to him there. I have been able to track Carl August later living in Dalarö, and dying in 1915.

Thanks again. All the best,

Manuel Aguilar-Hendrickson

2021-05-22, 18:07
Svar #5

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hi

By the way, I think there are some additional details in the previous HFL, which includes the death of their parents.
Sigtuna, Sankt Olof och Sankt Per (AB) AI:11 (1851-1855) Image 770 / Page 68

Thanks

Manuel

2021-05-22, 18:20
Svar #6

Utloggad Staffan Bergh

• Anbytare *****
  • aka festerman
    • Visa profil
    • BFiles
Citera
/.../ he believed his wife had been unfaithful /.../

That he was unfaithful does not necessarily mean that she had not been ... If you can track down descendants from Jacob and/or Rudolf, you could compare DNA with them, and tell who's story was true :)
mvh /staffan -- BFiles

2021-05-22, 18:21
Svar #7

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna