ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need help with estate inventories  (läst 1016 gånger)

2021-05-06, 19:11
läst 1016 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
In researching an ancestor's sibling, I found two different estate inventories for him:  the first one was when he died and I don't understand why there is another one for him in 1818. 

Attached is a copy of the listing showing 2 estate inventories for Jöns Forsberg.  (Sunnerbo häradsrätt (G) BouReg:2 (1735-1900) Image 157).  The first page of each is also attached.

Sunnerbo häradsrätt (G) FII:16 (1801) Image 231 / Page 382
https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v76221?image=231&page=382

Sunnerbo häradsrätt (G) FII:26 (1818-1819) Image 265 / Page 484
https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v76231?image=265&page=484

Both are difficult to read.  It looks like the first mainly mentions the children of the 2nd marriage.  It looks like the second mentions earlier children??

Why would there be 2 estate inventories so far apart?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Vicki

2021-05-06, 20:58
Svar #1

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-05, 11:22
    • Visa profil

Hi again. The document 1800 is a regular inventory, the 1818 document settles the sharing between the siblings. In short, as far as I can read:

År 1800 den 16 December, blef efter kallelse af undertecknad Boupteckning förättad efter afledne Jöns Forsberg i Norrtorpa Mellangård, hvilken efter sig lämnat Enkan Karin Persdotter, jämte 4.ra med förra giftet fader och moderlösa barnen myndige sonen Theodor samt omyndige sonen Johannes på 11te året gammal, dotteren Lena på 10: och sonen Nils på 6te året hvars rätt att bevaka voro närvarande de omyndigas farbröder Per och Olof Theodorssöner i Ramnaryd, samt syster mannen Nils Nilsson i Marsjö, då egendommen upgafs af Enkan och myndige sonen på fölljande sätt...  (the older son signs himself Thor T: Jönsson)
- saying that Jöns Forsberg had 4 children from a previous marriage and that 3 of them were not yet of age, so their guardians were Per and Olof Theodorsons (the father's brothers) and the sister's husband Nils Nilsson in Marsjö.

År 1818, den 25 Marti instelte sig underteknad myndiga barn och arfvingar efter afl. Jöns Forsberg Nortorpa Millangd, samt 2ne ojäviga män för at dela och jemka egendomen arfwingarne emellan och war här tillstädes sonen Thor Jönsson samt dotern Helena som ingåt i ägtenskap med Isac Jonasson, men Johannes Jönsson frånwarande, whilken hafwer afsagt sig sin broders lott mot systren Helena, hwarför de(ssa?) trenne närvarande syskon överenskommo att på allas i lika lott med hwarandra i fast och löst efter deras afl fader Jöns Forsberg.
- present were the siblings, except Johannes who hade given up his part to his sister Helena (who had married Isac Jonasson) together with 2 men who were neutral (no interest in the inheritance). They were to decide how the estate and inheritance was supposed to be divided. The 3 remaining siblings shared in equal parts.

/Yvonne

2021-05-06, 23:55
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi Yvonne!  Thank you ever so much for this!  It's nice to hear from you!

I was able to match up the children but I'm puzzle about a couple things:

1) What is the significance of the way the his older son signs himself as Thor T: Jönsson?  His birth record shows his name as Tor Jönsson (son of Jöns Torsson and Maria) born 30 Apr 1779.  (his name is not Theodor)

Torpa (G) C:3 (1773-1860) Image 18 / Page 27
https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v30194?image=18

2) This probably relates to the answer to my first question - Could all the references to Theodor and Theodorssöner actually mean Thoresson, which is their patronymic name?  It clearly says Theodor.... so not sure what to make of this. 

For example, these are the birth records for father's brothers Olof and Per:

Olaf    Torpa (G) C:2 (1748-1772) Image 3 / Page 1   (born 21 Mar 1748 in Forssa, Torpa)
          https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v30193?image=3  born 21 Mar 1748 in Forssa, Torpa.

Per     Torpa (G) C:2 (1748-1772) Image 6 / Page 7   (born 27 Aug 1750 in Norrtorpa Millangård, Torpa)
          https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v30193?image=6   

The same is true for the sister Ingebor who was married to Nils Nilsson.

Throughout his life, Jöns has used both the names Jöns Thorsson and Jöns Forsberg but I believe they are the people!

Any thoughts?  I can send more examples!   ;D

Thanks again - I really appreciate your help!

Vicki

2021-05-07, 00:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Jörgen Tollesson

• Arkivguiden (www.arkivguiden.net)
  • Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6872
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-29, 16:32
  • Bild: Båhusläns flagga
    • Visa profil
    • Arkivguiden med Arkivguidens Forum, Båhus Arkivguide och Göteborgs Arkivguide
The sons signature (on page 385) is not "Thor T. Jönsson", it says "Thor T. I. S. Jönsson".

"T. I. S." is his initials the way they used to write it then: Thor JönsSon. (The letters i and j were used alternately as if they were one and the same.)

And on the line above the widow's name is written "Karin KPD Persdotter". Karin PersDotter.
Kontakt: http://www.arkivguiden.net/jts.shtml. | Ser gamla inlägg (före april 2016) underliga ut? Argumenterar jag mot mig själv? Saknas något i inläggen? Finns där något som inte borde vara där? Läs då om orsaken här: http://forum.arkivguiden.net/agf/disk/42626/62869.shtml#post16472.

2021-05-07, 01:19
Svar #4

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you, Jörgen!

That is helpful information - I didn't realize that the I could represent both an I and J!  Very interesting.

Thanks again,

Vicki

2021-05-07, 15:13
Svar #5

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-05, 11:22
    • Visa profil
Hi again.

Jörgen is of course correct. I just wanted to point out that Thor did not call himself Theodor. Why they are written here as Theodor and Theodorsons I have no idea. Perhaps the explanation is as simple as the person taking the notes here considered Thor to be a short form of Theodor? I have not seen that before either.

Happy hunting,
Yvonne

2021-05-07, 15:22
Svar #6

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi again,

That is what I hoped you might be doing by pointing out his signature!  I had thought Thor might be a nickname for Theodor but could find nothing to support that.

So, I will just "assume" the correct name is Thoresson or some variation of that name instead of Theodorson. 

Everything else fell into place with what you said - thanks so much for that,

Vicki

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna