ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Jan Askebom, descendancy from Snavlunda to France  (läst 280 gånger)

2021-03-21, 16:13
läst 280 gånger

Utloggad Loïc Mairesse

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 1
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-26, 19:25
    • Visa profil
Hello,

My name is Loïc Mairesse, and I'm French.
2 years ago, I started to use genetic genealogy to find ou one of my 3rd great-grand-father, unknown.
The results shown me, in my matches, about 15 sweedish relatives, at different level.

Helped by a sweedish addict of genealogy we did a triangulation with 3 other matches.
Those matches are Jörgen Pettersson (his nephew), Annelie Evy Gustafsson, my paternal uncle and I.

The result is that we found that our most recent common ancestor (MRCA) was probably Jan Askebom (1710-1801).
Jörgen and Annelie have this common 5th great-grand-parent.

Some words about this sweedish ascendancy for a french man:

My 3rd great-grand-mother (single-mother), have had a daughter in february 1818.
She was born in the North of France, a small village called Hautmont, close to Maubeuge, a military place.
At this period, along the actual Belgian border, many foreign troups were stationned, after the Waterloo battle.
Those troups were there from 1814 until 1818, to keep the Peace, and "survey" Napoleon: English, Irish, Deutsch, Polish, Russians, and many others. They called the "Allied".

So, there is a high probablility that this unknow father was a soldier.
The percentage (centimorgan in DNA language) shared with our matches is quite good and target a MRCA around 1720.

We firstly tought that the unknown father could be Olof Andersson Askebom (1793-1816), son of Anders Andersson and Christina Andersdotter. The date of decease can't correspond.
So, the unknown father could be another son à Anders or a grand-son of Jan.

Question: For whom who are tracking Askebom family, is there a soldier in the descendancy of Jan, who could be in France, following the sweedish troops or incorporated as foreign soldier ?

Also: to confirm this triangulation, I'm looking for other descendants of Jan Askebom and Brita Pärsdottern who did a DNA test.
I did mine on MyHeritage and 23&me.

Thanks for any help you could give to us,

Loïc

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna