ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Jacob Månsson 1738-1825 son of Måns Johansson  (läst 525 gånger)

2021-03-05, 06:29
läst 525 gånger

Utloggad Kim Melchior

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 36
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-06-08, 13:06
    • Visa profil
Jacob Månsson born 18 November 1838 is listed as the son of Måns Johansson.
[/size]
[/size]Is this the same [/size]Måns who got married to Johanna Thomasdotter 30 may 1728 and who[/size] died 17 Nov 1798 at the age of 86 and [/size]is listed as Magnus Johansson[/size]?
[/size]
[/size]If he is he would only have been about 16 years old when he got married in 1728 and I have a VERY hard time believing that.
[/size]
[/size]I believe I have gotten at least 2 different [/size]Måns Johanssons mixed together
[/size]and are trying to determine what the facts are about the father of Jacob Månsson Born in 1738.

If anyone knows anything about these people I would appreciate their help.

2021-03-06, 16:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Mats Kindahl

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 238
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-11-25, 15:21
    • Visa profil
Hello Kim!

This Jacob Månsson is my ancestor. I agree with you that something is strange about the weddingdate for Måns Johansson and Johanna Thomasdotter.
The taxrecords called mantalslängd gives some more facts. The years 1725-1731 Johanna lives as piga in the household of Johan Persson and his wife (Gertrud Månsdotter) in the farm Vishult. Johan and Gertrud are the parents of Måns Johansson (1712-1798). Måns Johansson is mentioned as their son in 1729, even his brother Anders Johansson is namned this year in mantalslängden.

As we see here - Johanna Thomasdotter was unmarried when the taxrecord of 1731 was written. Later the same year 1731 august 11 the daughter Maria were baptized.

My theory is that Måns and Johanna were married may 30, but in 1731. And their notice is written in the wrong year.
That can explain why Johanna is unmarried 1731, and the wedding would be before the first child is born. And Måns Johanssons age is exact 18 years and 6 months in the weddingday, that is more possible to belive.

What do you Kim think about this theorys?

With regards from Mats Kindahl

2021-03-06, 17:54
Svar #2

Utloggad Kim Melchior

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 36
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-06-08, 13:06
    • Visa profil
You may be right and that makes a lot more sense than a 16 year old getting married.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna