ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för

Författare Ämne: Meaning of Estate Inventory Words Circled  (läst 193 gånger)

2021-01-08, 23:05
läst 193 gånger

Utloggad Kenneth Johnson

  • Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 1
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-01-08, 23:07
    • Visa profil
I have started translating my first estate inventory and came upon several words that I cannot translate.  I have tried using the books that I own that have some Swedish words translated to English but I could not find the words that are circled on the image attached below.  The words are circled.  The first two words are in the Field and Driving Gear list and the second two words are in the Bed and Linen Clothing category.  Your help in translating them will be much appreciated.

2021-01-08, 23:28
Svar #1

Utloggad Anders Persson

  • Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 15
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-01-24, 22:46
    • Visa profil

If you find those words in a dictionary then I want a copy!

I would say it says,

2 bultvagnar = 2 carts/trailers to carry bolts (which is doubtful what it exactly means...)
1 Höhäck = Which i thingk is the equipment that either just flips the hay for it to dry OR the one that binds the dry hay together
2 Fällar = not sure on this one
2 Sticktäcken = 2 Knitted Bedcovers


2021-01-08, 23:35
Svar #2

Inloggad Ulf Svensson

  • Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 919
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-01, 05:39
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
Bultvagn, a wagon with wheels made of wood. Could be as a wooden disc or with spokes.

Höhäck, a wagon for transporting hay. Or a construction placed on a flat wagon for transporting hay

Fäll = fell, a fur quilt(?).

2021-01-09, 00:06
Svar #3

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

  • Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3698
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-01, 02:31
    • Visa profil
Here is a picture of a Bultvagn, . Fäll is a fur, maybe of a sheep.

2021-01-09, 10:27
Svar #4

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

  • Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-02-28, 13:27
    • Visa profil
A fäll is a blanket made of fur. Sticktäcke is a quilt but not with a pieced top. Both sides of the quilt are made with one piece of fabric with batting between them. They are quilted with more or less intricate patterns to hold it all together. If it is pieced it is called "lapptäcke" in Swedish.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för



elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna