ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Birth records  (läst 1499 gånger)

2020-12-24, 21:04
läst 1499 gånger

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 316
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-21, 18:15
    • Visa profil
I have found birth records for all the older children of the Jan Larsson family but cannot find records for Eva, Martha, and Lars (born 1796, 1799, and 1800.  The other children's records were under Hova.  It looks like Eva was born elsewhere (Amnch?) or does this mean something else?

2020-12-24, 21:54
Svar #1

Utloggad Harald Nordius

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 837
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-07, 21:06
    • Visa profil
It's Amnehärad.
Merry Christmas!

2020-12-24, 22:22
Svar #2

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much, Harald.  I was able to find Eva and Martha but not Lars.  Not sure what happened to him as I believe the record indicates Amnehärad also.  Thanks again.  God Jul!

2020-12-24, 23:19
Svar #3

Utloggad Harald Nordius

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
The family probably didn't live in Amnehärad in 1800. Jan Larsson is registered for Korterud in Finnerödja in the 1800 taxation records. Those records were usually made up in the last months of the preceding year. But I can't find Lars in Finnerödja birth records either.
https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/A0006678_00076

2020-12-25, 00:00
Svar #4

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you for trying to find Lars.  This family has been particularly hard to track as it seems they moved around a lot.  Jan Larsson would be my 4th great-grandfather.  I think the family was very poor.  I know that his daughter, Ingrid (my 3rd great-grandmother) and her husband were very poor.  I appreciate your help.  Have a nice Christmas.  Carol

2020-12-25, 00:20
Svar #5

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Harald,  I have never looked at a tax record before, so this is something new.  I believe I found Jan, but it is so hard to read.  I think his daughter, Ingrid, is listed below him.  I don't see his wife.  And what is in this record? Are these what people are taxed for?  Carol

2020-12-25, 22:14
Svar #6

Utloggad Harald Nordius

• Anbytare ****
    • Visa profil
Tax was levied on each person, but with different amounts for different categories. Some persons were exempt, e.g. old and disabled and children under 15. Tax was also levied on certain other things.
Mostly, only the name of the person who paid, i.e. the head of the family, is given, but in this record there are also names of other persons. The column headings were not repeated on each page, so you have to go to first page to find them.
Close to the middle of the right page we find "Korterud, Jan Larsson". After his name there is an "H" followed by some scribble. I think it's short for "hustru", i.e. "wife". And you are right, on the next line is his daughter Ingrid. In the columns we can see:
The size of the farm, 1/8. Not very big but better than they had in Amnehärad. That was 1/16.
One household
One man
One wife
No son 15 or older
One daughter 15 or older
No "inhyses". Those were persons not belonging to the family but living in the house. Mostly they were poor people paid for by the parish.
The following three columns are persons exempt from tax. In this case 4 children under 15.
The following two columns are windows. Yes, there was a tax on windows with two levels for finer or common houses. They had a common house with two windows.
Then there are columns for gold or silver pocket watches and tobacco users. As we can see none of the farmers had a pocket watch. Some used tobacco, but Jan Larsson didn't.

2020-12-26, 19:06
Svar #7

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Harald,

Wow!  Thanks so much for all the information.  I found it very interesting.  I really appreciate all your work in explaining all of this.  Good to know they weren't extremely poor, although they probably shouldn't have had to pay much tax.  I know that on Ingrid's husband's death record, it says "Fattighjon", which I was told means pauper.  The U.S. also had a tax on windows early on. The number of windows was used to estimate the value of the house.  Thanks again.  Carol

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna