ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Anders Olofsson  (läst 1390 gånger)

2020-12-18, 01:19
läst 1390 gånger

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 316
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-12-21, 18:15
    • Visa profil
I am looking for a great-uncle, Anders Olofsson, born 26 Oct 1824 in Hofva.  I have found a record in the Stockholm Archives with Anders Olofsson.  The type says "Move", the place is "Nikolai, Stockholm.  His occupation is "Tjenstgosse".  I have tried numerous online dictionaries but cannot find a translation for this.  Also, I don't know where to go to look at the actual record.  I found this through Familysearch.org, and it says it's from "[/size]Sweden, Stockholm City Archives, Index to Church Records, 1546-1927", but I cannot locate this.  Also I have gone to Riksarkivet but there are so many parishes that I don't know where to look. I do not see Nikolai as a parish.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2020-12-18, 03:23
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4528
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-18, 10:27
    • Visa profil
Could it be that he took the name Anders Lindström and moved to Härnösand 1848, where he married and later moved back to Storkyrkoföramlingen (Nicolai) and worked as a wholesale merchant? Sources: Härnösands domkyrkoförsamling (Y) AIa:11 (1846-1854) Bild 154 / sid 134 (AID: v121611.b154.s134, NAD: SE/HLA/1010081) and page 171 in the same volume. I have not found him in Nicolai, maybe because your information is not complete? Tjäste-gosse is a combination of servant/attendant and boy, i.e. a young person that could do most anything.

2020-12-18, 18:31
Svar #2

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much.  I am sure that this is Anders Olofsson.  I looked at birth records for Hofva and there is only one Anders born on that day.  His brother, Johan, my great-grandfather also changed his name from Olofsson to Hagg.  However, he became a soldier so I can understand the name change in his case.  I don't know why Anders would change his name.  This practice makes it difficult to trace the family tree.  I believe that my 2nd great-grandfather on my mother's side must have changed his name also as I have looked for his parents for years now and cannot find them.  He was Petter Sjoholm but I don't see Sjoholms before him.  In any case, thanks again.  I'm not sure the sequence of Anders' moves as I have a "Moving Out" record for him from Langebro to Stockholm in 1840.  So I guess he moved there for work as a servant in someone's home???  I found the record you referenced in Harsosand, which is interesting as my mother came from that area; but Anders is related to me on my father's side and moved quite a distance for those times.  Thanks, Carol

2020-12-18, 18:42
Svar #3

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4528
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-18, 10:27
    • Visa profil
It is often possible to find when names are added but you have to follow them in the Household Examination records, If you give sources where you loose the track, it is often possible to find more. Such as where do you find the move out record from Langebro?

2020-12-18, 20:53
Svar #4

Utloggad Carol Kemp

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil

It's not always easy to follow the household records, especially if there is no register.  I have sometimes gone through entire volumes looking for names - or dates as they are easier to read.  I found the move out record in Hova kyrkoarkiv, In-och utflyttningslangder, SE/GLA/13222/B/1 (1776-1855).  Now I have also added his wife and four children, and his marriage record.  Plus I have his date of death.  I am working on his children's families now.  So, again, thank you so much as you have helped me solve a mystery and [/size]fill out more of my tree.  You are most helpful.[/size]

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna