ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Jonkoping Squadron - Jonas Ek (served 1787-1821)  (läst 551 gånger)

2020-12-15, 01:26
läst 551 gånger

Utloggad Jamie Holm

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-01-06, 19:22
    • Visa profil
I've searched all of the uploaded rolls in the Riksarkive.

I've tried to reconstruct the major events of my 4x Grandfather Jonas Ek, who served in the Jonskoping Squadron/Company from 1787 to 1821, and attached it below.

But I have some questions that maybe some experts here could help me with:

1) Did the Regiment fight in Finland in 1789? There were a lot of battles, and I know they participated in the large naval battle in 1790. But he has campaign credit in his records from 1789, so what was the regiment up to?
2) What did he do as a volunteer in 1806/7? I don't know if the regiment went, but I found his name on the list of volunteers to goto Pomerania. Was he apart of the big surrender? Did the regiment go?
3) What did he do in 1813/1814? I know the regiment participated in the battle of Leipzig, but after 1812, did the dragoon foot unit participate?
4) I found one source that said the dragoons kept some horse companies. Did the Jonkoping company/squadron stay mounted? (was he a cavalryman at Leipzig?)
5) Was the regiment part of any other battles that Bernodette lead during the war?
6) Did the regiment goto Denmark with Bernodette? If so, what did they do there?
7) what did the regiment do in Norway in 1814?

I know this is a lot of questions, but if anyone has any info on any of the questions, I'd be very much appreciated.

**Most important***  Also... he's from Voxtorp, and those records burnt up. He got an army name "Ek", but I have no idea what his surname was prior. In the unscanned records in the Riksvik, is there something in the Jonkoping Company files that might have the name he joined with, before being assigned the name "Ek"?

22 June 1766 - Born in Voxtorp, Jonkoping – Proof: Peter’s birth record image. Household records, listed.
7 March 1787 (21 years old) – Joins the Smalands Kavalry regiment in the Jonkoping Company. Stationed to at Nassja, in Aker, Jonkoping. Proof: Army records.
1789 (23 years old) – fought in the Swedish-Russo war. Who knows where. Maybe Finland. proof: army record upon retirement says he participated in 1789 campaign)
1790 (24 years old) – along with the Smalands Kavalry Regiment, Jonas goes to fight.  (proof: army record upon retirement says he participated in 1790 campaign) For certain participates in the naval battle of Svenskund. (Smaland Kavalry Regiment has a campaign streamer credit for this).
??? (24-25) – Marries Kjerstin Jonsdotter. (could be any variation of Kristen/Johansdottor/Jonasdotter). She is from Nygard, Aker. Presumably, he arrived, took the house. Met a local girl, that he probably went to church with. I don’t know how far Nygard is from Nassja, I assume not very. I’ve been to Aker… I assume everyone knew everyone. Maybe Nygard was one of the associated farms with the house Jonas was assigned to?
5 Feb 1792 (25) – Son peter is born in Nassja Aker.  I assume he was christened afterwards. (Proof: Image of book)
24 DEC 1794 (28) – Son Lars Magnus Jonasson is born in Aker. (Proof: house hold inspection record)
1796 (30) – Son Lars Magnus Jonasson dies in Aker. (proof?)
1797 (31) – Has another son named Lars Magnus. There is no other proof/comment on Lars Magnus that I know of. (Proof?)
1798 (32) – Still in Nasja. I think he moves to Bonstorp. Don’t know why? (Army rolls of 1798)
1801 (35) – Smalands Cavalry changes name to Smalands Light Dragoon Regiment.
1804 (38) – In Bonstorp (47). Not sure why. Proof: 1804 rolls.
1806 (40) – Smalands Light Dragoon regiment changes name to Smaland’s Dragoon Regiment.
1806 (40) – Volunteers to go fight against Napoleon. Proof: 1806 book of volunteers to Pomerania. End of service record indicates 1806 and 1807. No idea what he was doing there.
1807 (41) – Deployed to Pomerania. Unknown if still deployed from 1806, or deployed again. Proof: 1806 book of volunteers to Pomerania. End of service record indicates 1806 and 1807. No idea what he was doing there.
1810 (44) – Jonas has moved to 49. Haradstorp. Proof: 1810 Army rolls.
20 March 1812 – His son Peter joins the Mo harads company of the Jonkoping Infantry Regiments and is assigned to a house in Duvuleds.
22 April 1812 (45) – Smalands Cavalry Regiment changes. Is his Jonkoping Company is moved to the new Smålands dragonrementes infanteribataljon (the Infantry Battalion of the Småland Dragoon Regiment). After 1812, when the former cavalry regiment was divided, the new dragoon regiment had 500 cavalrymen organized into 6 squadrons of 83 men each. The county of Jönköping had 250 "rusthåll" located within the county. Was he still a Cavalry man?
1812 (46) – Still at 49 Haradstorp. Proof: 1812 Army rolls.
1813 (47) – Campaign Credit for 1813. He has campaign credit, but I have know idea what they were doing.  Possibly Occupied Hamburg in May with Bernadotte. Army of the North. Battle of Dennewitz?  The Smalands Cavalry Regiment goes with Bernadotte to Leipzig, but does his Dragoon Regiment? Follow Bernadotte to the Danish campaign after breaking off with the Prussians?
1814 (48) - Campaign Credit for 1814. Presumably against Danish and Norwegians.
1821 (55) – Retires from the Army from  Haradstorp.
1837 (71) – His Uncle Jons Simonson dies in Varnamo, Jonkoping. He is awarded some of his estate. 
1841 (75) – Dies in Ryd, Aker, Jonkoping.

2020-12-16, 17:31
Svar #1

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 381
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-12, 23:04
    • Visa profil
Maybe someone with better knowledge of military history in detail should answer this, but a good place to start, where the information also is in English, is Hans Högman's pages. Information of where your ancestor's company participated in battles can be found here:

http://www.hhogman.se/regiments_cavalry-1.htm#xl_Smalands_kavalleriregemente_K4

/Yvonne

2020-12-16, 17:51
Svar #2

Utloggad Jamie Holm

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-01-06, 19:22
    • Visa profil
Maybe someone with better knowledge of military history in detail should answer this, but a good place to start, where the information also is in English, is Hans Högman's pages. Information of where your ancestor's company participated in battles can be found here:

http://www.hhogman.se/regiments_cavalry-1.htm#xl_Smalands_kavalleriregemente_K4

/Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne. Yes, I've reviewed the site, its where I found out that the regiment participated in Svensksund 1790, so he was probably there. But that's about it from Mr. Hogman's excellent site. I've emailed him, but he's yet to reply.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna