ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: 1755 household inventory  (läst 1712 gånger)

2020-12-01, 01:36
läst 1712 gånger

Utloggad Scott Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 30
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 23:14
    • Visa profil
I'm new to posting — I hope two in a week is OK. The handwriting is easier to read on this one. I have a few words I cannot decipher, but mainly I have a question about what the text actually means.

Here is my reading of the text (? = letters in indecipherable words):

Åhr 1755 d: 13 Februarii uptecknades yrarlaten? stapen? estter?
MIN? afledne man Jon Rafvelsson i Kierret, uti närvaro
af dess ock? MINA? Barn tillsammans dottren, Britta Jons
dotter med dess man Sven Nilsson i Ingelstorp, sonen Anders
Jonsson ock ogifta dotren Maria Jons dotter, samt å Marias
vägnar som förmyndare til städes MIN? son af förra
giftet Johan Biurvall i Lerdala, äfven voro? de öv-
riga MINA? Barn af förra giftet till städes
, mayar-
en nämndemannen Erick Helgesson i ivrig? samt
Soldaten Anders Moberg med sin hustru Estrin Jons
dotter ock Sven Andersson i Ingelstorp.

The words I typed in all caps sure look like "min" and "mina" but make no sense to me in the context of a bouppteckning preamble.

So, I need some help on the transcription, but I also have a question about the bold text:

It reads to me as if Maria was present at the inventory, but there was an additional person (Biurvall) representing Maria's interest regarding a child from a previous marriage, and another person (Helgeson) representing the remaining children of a previous marriage. But as long as Maria is alive, her children should not be heirs to the estate, so why would they need representation? I am obviously missing something here.

Thanks for your help.  SJ

2020-12-01, 21:57
Svar #1

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 379
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-05, 11:22
    • Visa profil
Welcome, no problem with two postings per week - I think the rules say maximum two posts per day.

I read: "Åhr 1755 d: 13 Februarii uptecknades qwarlåten skapen efter min afledne man Jon Rafvelsson i Kierret, uti närwaro af dess och mina Barn tillsammans dottren Britta Jonsdotter med dess man Sven Nilsson i Ingelstorp, sonen Anders Jonsson ock ogifta dotren Maria Jonsdotter, samt å Marias wägnar som förmyndare tilstädes min son af förra giftet Johan Biurvall i Lerdala, äfwen woro de öfriga mina Barn af förra giftet tillstädes, mågar en nämdemannen Erich Helgesson i (Wing?) samt soldaten Anders Moberg med sin hustru Estrie Jonsdotter och Sven Andersson i Ingelstorp".

Ie "On 13th of February the inventory after my deceased husband, Jon Rafvelsson in Kierret was listed, in the presence of his and my children together our daughter Britta Jonsdotter with her husband Sven Nilsson in Ingelstorp, our son Anders Jonsson and our unmarried daughter Maria Jonsdotter, and on behalf of Maria as guardian my son from my previous marriage Johan Biurvall in Lerdala, also the other children of my previous marriage were present, sons in law local court member Erich Helgesson in (maybe Wing, if you give proper reference to which book you have used it is easier to check up on the place names) and the soldier Anders Moberg with his wife Estrie Jonsdotter and Sven Andersson in Ingelstorp".

Maria is a daughter in the marriage with the deceased and should be represented here. The others might be just supporting their grieving mother...

Hope this is of help.

/Yvonne

2020-12-01, 22:50
Svar #2

Utloggad Scott Johnson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks, Yvonne, for your quick response, which was very enlightening.

So "min" and "mina" are correct. The question is, who is "jag"? I don't find the widow's name anywhere in the document. Have you ever run across a household inventory that left out that detail (assuming there was one)? 

Here is the doc on ArkivDigital:

https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v143724?image=357

(Kärret is in Vättlösa parish, Kinne härad, Skaraborgs län)

2020-12-01, 23:42
Svar #3

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
No, that was strange one :-? It is definitely the widow who ensures that everything is properly listed, but she should have signed on the last page. If she could not write, she would have put her initials there. I think it might be a written copy of the original.
It seems that many of the books have gone lost in a fire, so it is a hard task for you to find out more. The names of the wife's grandchildren might give a clue to her first name, and if you can find out more about her first marriage.
/Yvonne

2020-12-03, 02:50
Svar #4

Utloggad Scott Johnson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks again, Yvonne.

If I interpret your reading correctly, Anders Moberg is a son-in-law of the unidentified wife of the deceased. And if Estrin Jonsdotter is married to Anders, that should make her a daughter of the unidentified wife. And that should make her first husband's name Jon.

Sadly, in another household inventory following the death of the same Anders Moberg, she is listed as Estrin Håkansdotter. So, not much progress, but learning a lot about reading these documents.

2020-12-03, 11:14
Svar #5

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Seems like the mystery deepens, not much help there. Unless the person taking the notes misunderstood the name of Anders Moberg's first wife (or misheard), it was after all many years later and those who were present might not have known her. Hopefully something else turns up when following the other children then.

/Yvonne

2020-12-04, 16:33
Svar #6

Utloggad Scott Johnson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Just following up, and much to my surprise, I was able to resolve the Jon/Håkan discrepancy. Looking through the mantalslängder for Kärret, I found Jon Rafvelsson at the property as far back as 1724. The previous resident was Håkan Johansson, that is until 1723, when the occupant was listed as "Håkans enka". Now if she only had a name!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna