ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need help with 1701 and 1702 tax records  (läst 1211 gånger)

2020-11-28, 01:38
läst 1211 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-09, 14:32
    • Visa profil
Attached are two tax records that I need some help with.

1701 tax record
Mantalslängder-1642-1820-Kronobergs-län-1642-1820-G-43-1701-Image-1230-Page-1611
https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v840167?image=1230&page=1611

I believe it says that Jon is a widower (please correct me if I am misunderstanding) but I don't know what the note on the far right says. 

1702 tax record
Annerstad Mantalslängder-1642-1820-Kronobergs-län-1642-1820-G-44-1702-Image-1680-Page-2471
https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v840168a?image=1680&page=2471

I don't know if this is the same Jon as in the 1701 tax record, if so, is he still married??  Also, I need help with the note again.

Thank you so much for any help with these! 

Vicki

2020-11-28, 22:01
Svar #1

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 381
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-12, 23:04
    • Visa profil
Jon is a widower and has left the farming to somebody else (was the following couple in the tax record from the year before? If not it might be to them he left the farming).
Jon and wife - they are fed by the children. He might have married, and if it is him they are supported by one or more children, probably living on the same farm. To ascertain that he married you might have to look at the church's accounts from that year as it is before the wedding notes start.

/Yvonne

2020-11-29, 00:31
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi again Yvonne,

My goal is to see if I can determine for certain whether Jon Nannesson (vs. Persson) in Södergárden Vigássa is the father of Kiersten Johnsdotter (wife of Jöran Jonsson) and her siblings listed on the Sunnerbo dombok court records from 1718 and 1720 (which mentions a document from 1710).  (Lars-Ola now thinks that it is more likely to be Jon Nannesson since Jon Persson had a son Olaf, a son who is not listed among the siblings of my ancestor.  I think he is correct and I'm hoping I can find a solid connection to Jon Nannesson.  I am somewhat puzzled, though, that I don't find the name Nanne in the line anywhere.

In looking at the documents that Lars Ola sent, I'm trying to understand what they exactly are telling me.  In the following reference:

https://www.sunnerbo.nu/Sunnerbo-dombok-1696.s26?highlight=Wigg%C3%A5sa

It says on page 45:
Citera
Samma dagh Präsenterades i Retten fyra med wittnen ratifice-   104 rade Kiöpebref, det enna af d 16 January 1685 uthgifwit och Dito underskrefwit af Magnus Jönßon Bruun, uppå een halfJordafierding uthi Sördragården Wiggåsa, som han till Joen Nanna-son och hans hustro Karin Johansdotter för 15 dl.r S.mt för

which I think, along with telling me his wife's name is Karins Johnsdotter, also is telling when he bought that property at Södergárden Vigássa (16 Jan 1685).  Am I correct in this assumption?

If further says, on page 46, the following:

Citera
Än dito Jöns Swenßons i Miäla och Elin Jonsdotters kiöpebref uppå deß andehlar uthi dito gård, som dhe
till Joen Nannaßon för Tolff dal.r S.mt föryttrat hafwa; förden-skull, såsom deßa kiöp äro frywilleligen giorda, betalningen
richtigt påfolgt, sampt ber.de jordalotter i Södregården Wiggåsa sälliare och deras arfwingar, och tillägnas Joen Nannasson,
hans hustru Karin Johansdotter och arfwingar etc

which I don't quite understand except that it relates to property for the benefit of his wife and heirs who are not mentioned by name.  I also am unclear about the date of this - is it from 1696?  From the first court records Lars-Ola sent from 1718 and 1720, Kiersten Johnsdotter and her siblings each sold their shares of Södergárden Vigássa to their brother Nils Jonsson.   So I wondered if this relates to what was written on page 46?   Was this Jon Nannesson making some provision for his wife and children?  As I had difficulty translating, this may be a wrong assumption I realize.

The tax record for 1687 in Södergárden Vigássa was the first I saw mention of Jon and wife.  I continued to see them listed until 1695.  In 1693 I see them listed with a son Per (unmarried). 

https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v840164?image=1340&page=1474

In 1701 he is listed as a widower, but it looks like his son Nils (married) in living there.  He is the Nils I believe his siblings sold their shares of Södergárden Vigássa to sometime between 1710-1718. 

https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v840167?image=1230&page=1611

But, I find the 1702 record confusing.  It still lists a Jon (apparently married) and Nils and wife are still living there.  So I think Jon has left the farming to Nils (his son) in 1701.  It would make sense that he is helping to support his parents in 1702.

It is exciting to learn whatever I can and appreciate very much all the help you and Lars-Ola have given me. 

Should I still be adding more inquiries to the original post or should I be separating my newer questions out under new posts.  I don't want you to feel obligated to respond to every post.  ;D  You have been wonderful and very kind in answering my ongoing questions!!

Thanks again for all your help! 

Vicki

2020-11-29, 11:26
Svar #3

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil

You got most of it right: "The same day was presented four sales agreements, confirmed by witnesses, one dated 1685 16th Jan and signed by Magnus Jönsson Bruun, regarding one half fourth of Wiggåsa Södergården, which he had sold to Joen Nannasson and his wife Karin Johansdotter at 15 daler silvercoins..." and "Also Jöns Swenssons's in Miäla and Elin Jonsdotter's sales agreement regarding their parts in the said farm, which they have sold to Joen Nannasson at twelve dalers silver coins, and as these sales are made by free will, the payment has been made correctly, and the concerned landparts in Wiggåsa Södergård has now been transferred from the sellers and their inheritors, to Joen Nannasson his wife Karin Johansdotter and their inheritors etc".

Note there were four letters of sale. On top of page 46 you left out: "Also the local court member Oluf Jonsson's in Hallarp letter of sale of his wife's part in said farm that he has sold at 6 daler silver coins, ...". Nothing about a fourth letter though, unless there were two separate sales from Jöns Svensson in Miäla and Elin Jonsdotter (maybe they were not married?).

In these purchases the ownership were transferred from the sellers and their inheritors to Jon Nannesson and his wife Karin Johansdotter and their inheritors for all future. In the later records 1718-20 their inheritors sold their parts to their brother (a generation later).

If you are pursuing one family or one parish in particular it might be a good idea to put them in the same place as it is easier to track back for information. However, if you only need help with a work or place here and there separate posts are OK. Normally the questions related to parishes are put under other parish headings further up in the forum but they are normally in Swedish only. English questions could also be asked there, as you might reach out to other researchers that know more of that particular area and many of them maybe not read the English questions.

/Yvonne

2020-11-29, 11:53
Svar #4

Utloggad Yvonne Stenberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil

There are more notes on these transactions. In 1693 you find the start of the transactions:

"Joen Nannaßon i Wiggåsa, låter uppbiuda 1/8 i Södregården   
Wiggåhsa, som han kiöpt af Magnus Bruun för 15 dlr Smt
Noch kiöpt af Nembdemannen Oluff Jonßon i Hallarp, deß
Hustrus Jordapart af 3/8 för 6 dlr Smt
Item kiöpt hustru Elia Jonsdotters dhel i Södragården Wigg-
åhsa, för 6 dlr Smt uppbiudas   1 g".

Ie Joen Nannasson in Wiggåsa gives the 1st notification (of 3) for 1/8th in Wiggåsa Södergård, that he has purchased from Magnus Bruun for 15 dalers silver coins, Also purchased from the local court member Oluff Jonsson in Hallarp his wife's part of 3/8ths for 6 daler silver coins. Also purchased wife Elia (Elin?) Jonsdotter's part in Wiggåsa Södergård for 6 dalers silver coins".

Göta Hovrätt - Advokatfiskalen Kronobergs län (G) EVIIAAAD:39 (1691-1693) Bild 3500 / sid 101 (AID: v206227.b3500.s101, NAD: SE/VALA/0382503)

The name Nanne seems to be more used in Vrå parish - see f ex:

Göta Hovrätt - Advokatfiskalen Kronobergs län (G) EVIIAAAD:38 1687-1690 Bild 50 / Sida 3 (AID: v206205.b50.s3, NAD: SE/VALA/0382503)

Göta Hovrätt - Advokatfiskalen Kronobergs län (G) EVIIAAAD:34 (1659-1671) Bild 1240 (AID: v205987.b1240, NAD: SE/VALA/0382503)

/Yvonne

2020-11-29, 13:53
Svar #5

Utloggad Lars-Ola Stare

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 367
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-10, 18:53
    • Visa profil
Hejsan Victoria[size=78%] [/size]
In the 1703 tax record Jon is again mentioned as a widower, which have me wonder if the information in the 1702 record is correct.
[/size]Regarding the name Nanne, Yvonne is correct that it is more frequent in Vrå parish. And there is a connection Vrå parish with two of the sons, Per and Johan came to live there. Also it is possible that Jon Nannesson is the same person that were the sexton/ringer in Vrå 1682 (Slättevrå)[size=78%]

Riksarkivet: Roterings- och utskrivningslängder, Arkiv med löpande volymnumrering, SE/KrA/0025/0/45 (1682), bildid: A0054893_00867

Regarding the son Johan who came to live in Össjöhult, Vrå. I am wondering if the priest/writer who entered that a Johan Nannesson died in august 1752, have made an error and mixed up Johan last name with his fathers last name?
I have not seen any Johan Nannesson in Össjöhult in tax records or court books.

Regards[/size], Lars-Ola, Halmstad[size=78%]

2020-11-29, 15:24
Svar #6

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hi again Yvonne and Lars-Ola,

Thank you both for the clarifications and additional information!

Translating is difficult so it is very helpful to have my rough translation reviewed by you to let me know whether or not I am still on the right track.   

I also saw the Aug 1752 death record for a Johan Nannesson when trying to find Johan Jonsson in Vrå and wondered the same thing (that maybe there was a mixup on the name!).  There seems so be no other trace of him there (so far) otherwise.

Thank you both for all this information!  I will continue to follow up on all of it and see what can be learned.  My specific questions related to this family I'll continue to post on the original post in order to keep this all together.  Hopefully this will help other researchers that may be looking for this same family.  They will find the information in one place.  I haven't posted on the Swedish boards yet and will look at that for future since you think it may be helpful.

Thank you again for all of the help you've both given me!  It is all very interesting! 

Vicki

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna