ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need helping locating Jonsbo in the census records for Bolmsö parish in Jönköping  (läst 1272 gånger)

2020-08-19, 15:47
läst 1272 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
I've been trying unsuccessfully to find tax records in Bolmsö parish (Jönköping) for the farm/village called Jonsbo.  I have not been able to find it in any of the years I've checked (from 1701 to 1718) and even some random records in the 1730's and 1740's.  The handwriting has been a challenge in the early records especially, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

If anyone can locate Jonsbo on any tax record between 1702-1718 I would be very appreciative, then, hopefully, I will be able to find it on the tax records for other years.  I'm trying specifically to locate Johan Staffansson and his wife Ingeborg Andersdotter whose children were all born between 1702 and 1717 in Jonsbo.  I believe I should be able to find them there if I can find Jonsbo.

Thanks so much for any help with this,

Vicki Cihla

2020-08-19, 16:41
Svar #1

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1358
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 13:44
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
If it is Jonsbo under Sunnaryd you are looking för this might  be a case where a parish is divided between two härad.
Since I don't know the geography good enough I can't tell the correct one.

Check what härad Ås parish belongs you.

Sitting with the phone so I am a bit limited in searching.

2020-08-19, 17:29
Svar #3

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you for your responses!  Unfortunately I am still confused how/where to look for it. 

I checked for Sunnaryd in Ås in Jönköping but haven't found Jonsbo yet.  I am going to recheck as I may have missed it.  Would it be listed as Sunnaryd as the main name with Jonsbo listed under it? 

The register listing for "Jonsbo Sunnaryd" seems to be from Kronoberg län.  But the other link references Jönköping and I cannot open all links.

I apologize for my confusion on where to look.  I'll look at more records in Ås in Jönköping and will write again if I cannot find it.

Thanks again for your help,

Vicki Cihla

2020-08-19, 18:10
Svar #4

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
I might have fooled you.

1974-01-01 överfördes det s.k. Bolmsölandet till Ås församling. 250 years wrong. :-[

2020-08-19, 19:51
Svar #5

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
I might have found them at Sunneryd. Sunneryd is a manor so the owner don't pay tax. When the king calls, he must follow him without extra compensation.

The text says:
Brukas för arrende af/Farmed for leasing by
Nils och h, sonen Anders.
Jöns och h, Johan och h.

Mantalslängder 1642-1820, Mantalslängder 1642-1820Jönköpings län, SE/RA/55203/55203.05/65 (1708), bildid: A0007019_00310, sida 1853
https://sok.riksarkivet.se/bildvisning/A0007019_00310

If you look at the map Lennart linked to you, via search result at historical maps lantmäteriet (click 1789 map), you can see Jonsbo as an integrated part of Sunneryd Skattegård, that is how I read the map.

2020-08-19, 20:45
Svar #6

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you for this information. Sorry for my slow reply. I had to do some errands and am just getting back to this.

I will take a look at what you sent and will likely have more questions.

Thanks again,

Vicki Cihla

2020-08-19, 21:11
Svar #7

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I guess I should have picked up more from the information that Kalle sent me regarding their marriage record, now it’s starting to make more sense:

Post by: Kalle Birgersson on 2020-08-18, 00:22
He was from Sunnarö (Sunnaryd) and she was from Skattegården (which also seems to be in Sunnaryd village).  After that is "skole boo i Jonsbo", shall live in Jonsbo.

I thought that Jonsbo was a totally separate place; all of their children are listed as being born in Jonsbo.  😊

How would I know, in looking at this 1708 tax record,  that this is Jonsbo?

NOW I see how the map fits in!  Thank you, Lennart! 

This is the first time I’ve come across this situation.  Did these people run various farms on the manor? Was it one big farm?   Why were they chosen to work there?  How would their lives differ from the other farmers in the surrounding are?

Thanks very much for any help with this,

Vicki Cihla

2020-08-19, 21:48
Svar #8

Utloggad Ulf Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Ulf Svensson
    • Visa profil
Sunnerö is on the mainland east of Bolmsö, not equal of Sunnaryd.
Jonsbo is most certainly a separate place in many ways but not regarding taxes. Taxwise Sunnaryd Skattegård was a manor area (released from taxes) consisting of a number of places/farms to compensate for work done for the king.
I don't think there was a huge difference between Johans life compared to other tennant farmers. He payed a rent for the land he farmed. Only guessing that connections were valuable if you wanted to lease land.

You don't know that it is Jonsbo from the information in the tax record. This is where your puzzle of information gives the picture. The marriage record, the births, only one Johan in tax record, the map. All this gives a good picture of what is going on.

2020-08-19, 21:53
Svar #9

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Yes, this is all very, very helpful information to help me to see the total picture!!

Thank you both!  I really appreciate it and I'm glad there's only 1 Johan!

I would have never figured this out!

Thanks again,

Vicki Cihla

2020-08-19, 22:43
Svar #10

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Attached is the tax record for 1707.  I noticed they are only paying tax for the husband, 1 instead of 2 that year.  There is a one-letter note to the right of the total number- can someone tell me what that means?  All other surrounding years they have been paying tax for both husband and wife.

Thanks for any help with this!

Vicki Cihla

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna