ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Is Jons' last name Olufsson here?  (läst 488 gånger)

2020-07-02, 04:13
läst 488 gånger

M

Dear Swedish experts,

It seems that I've  found my ancestors in this 1705 Sloinge tax record.  I have some simple questions to make sure I've got the info correct before I get too happy about this find!  It looks like there are two small families on Lundby property here in Sloinge.  My first question is to confirm whether or not Jon's last name is Olufsson.  Secondly, is his son's name Per?  It seems to be spelled with double ee in the middle.  Thirdly, is the notation to the right regarding Jons Olufson's family or piga Kirsten in the first family listed for Lundby property (Neil's)?  The note says something about 15 years old, I think.

Many thanks to anyone who can help,
M

2020-07-02, 05:24
Svar #1

M

Dear Swedish experts,

I just checked the 1704 and earlier records, and the handwriting is much clearer.  It looks like "Jons Gasson Per.  Then the notation to the right shows "ius: 15 (years ?)  I obviously still need some help.  But at least you can compare the two documents.

2020-07-02, 08:47
Svar #2

Utloggad Christer Arvidsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 789
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-10, 09:47
    • Visa profil
Hello M!
I read the line in your picture above as this:
Jon, gåssen Per  11   und 15 åhr
which means:
Jon (whithout lastname), the boy Per  11  less than 15 years old (in the margin)
(The family is taxed for two persons, man and wife, not for the boy)
/Christer

2020-07-02, 09:04
Svar #3

Utloggad Christer Arvidsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 789
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-10, 09:47
    • Visa profil
Hello again!
As an answer on your main question:
Jons lastname is Persson, if you continue in the tax list.
I have controlled the year 1710 and 1719, whith the same result.
The year 1719 explane the number of the farm, Lundby number 2 Jöns Bengtsgd.
/Christer

2020-07-03, 04:14
Svar #4

M

Thanks, Christer!  Today, I ended up in 1688 for this family, and yes, it confirms that Jons last name is Persson.  Some confusion came with the word Gasson and then the name Per.  I though that Gasson could be Jon's middle name.  Is "Gasson" similar to the French word "Garcon?" which means boy for his son Per listed next?  I couldn't find it in my dictionary.

Having fun swimming in genealogy records,
M

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna