ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Lundby location  (läst 336 gånger)

2020-06-28, 17:21
läst 336 gånger

M

Dear Swedish experts,

I've been working lately trying to find the right Lundby for my ancestors.  There's a Lundby in Varberg's Municipality, as well  as a Lundby parish (as suburb) in Goteburg.  I feel lost trying to pin this down.  Below are two Christening records of Andersdotter Sisters whose relatives came from "Lundby"  for the Christening.  This seems like quite a distance to travel by horse and carriage for a Christening, especially if it's from the Goteburg area.  The names of the witnesses from Lundby are Jon Hansson (1744 Christening. rec.) and Marten Hansson and Ingebor- Eric Bengtsson wife (in 1748 Christening. rec.).   I've found the Lundby for Varberg Municipality, but did not see the above names. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

M

2020-06-28, 20:18
Svar #1

Utloggad Christer Arvidsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 789
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-10, 09:47
    • Visa profil
Hello M!
I think yuo can find Lundby in Slöinge parish, nabor to Eftra parish.
/Christer

2020-06-29, 03:44
Svar #2

M

Wow, Christer!  You hit the jackpot.  The other relatives listed in the 1744 Christening record are also from Sloinge.  I just Googled place names for Sloinge, and Hanarp, Sallora and Boarp showed up.  They are also place names listed in this Christening record.  Nice to know that they were all coming from the same area.  Thanks so very much!

M

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna