ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Looking for an opinion on a birth record in Torpa  (läst 968 gånger)

2020-05-18, 21:26
läst 968 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 22:58
    • Visa profil
I have found a birth record that I believe is one I am looking for but would welcome any thoughts on my assessment. 

The birth record I had been trying to locate is for a Lars Pehrsson born in 1720, however no place of birth was indicated (this is according to the Vrå household records for 1788-1802 where he raised his family).  His marriage record indicated he was living in Vrå at the time of his marriage in 1767.  I found no birth record for a Lars Pehrsson in Vrå that fit.

Further research led me to his previous marriage record, which indicated he was living at Groeryd, Torpa at the time of his first marriage.  I searched the birth records around 1720 and found a birth record for a Lars dated 10 July 1721 in Gashult, Torpa.  It was the only match that was even close.  There are no household records for Vrå available on arkivdigital prior to 1788. This birth record indicates he was born to a soldier Pehr Groberg (I previously asked for help on this birth record).  (The distance between Groeryd, Torpa and Gashult, Torpa Sweden per internet search is 7.4 kilometers, a 10 minute drive via Hinneryd Tallåsvägen so it seems possible that Per Simonsson Groberg is his father).

I would like to try to determine whether this Lars Pehrson is the Lars Pehrsson that I'm looking for.   It seems so, but would really value an outside opinion.

There is no estate inventory after his death (there was one done after his first wife died only). 

I would welcome any thoughts on this or any other ideas on what I can check.

Thanks so much for your help,

Vicki Cihla

2020-05-18, 22:11
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5135
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 14:37
    • Visa profil
One thing you could check is the baptism witnesses for the children of Lars Persson, maybe some other of Grobergs children are there. That would of course not be any solid proof, but a good indicator. All Perssons and Persdotters among the witnesses could be siblings to him, and people with different last names could be spouses to his siblings. I have found several mysterious people that way. A little time consuming though.

2020-05-18, 22:28
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thanks, I'll check that out!  I don't mind if it is time consuming!  Just need some more direction here!

May need your help along the way...    :)

Your help is much appreciated,

Vicki Cihla

2020-05-19, 19:55
Svar #3

Utloggad Calle Lindström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1951
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-24, 08:44
    • Visa profil
Victoria, I think you are on the right track. Lars Persson get married 1/1 1744, with the widow Elin Bengtsdotter. Lars  are from Groeryd in Torpa parish, Elin is from Emboda (Emmeboda) in Vrå.
Elin Bengtsdotter died in June 1767 (buried 28:th of June). The death record says that Elin is 76 years old! (born approx. 1691).
Than Lars get married 28:th of December 1767 to Kerstin Eriksdotter, from Ljunghult in Vrå.
Both has been married before. Than they get six (?) children, all born in Norra (North) Emmeboda.
I think you are right that Lars was born in Torpa as son to the soldier Per Groberg. 15:th of July 1721.
His first marriage with an older widow, was a common way for a young man to get a farm.

The best,
Calle

2020-05-19, 20:09
Svar #4

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much for this!  I knew both Lars and Kierstin were previously married and that Lars first marriage was to a much older widow in Vrå.  And I knew from Lars' first marriage record that he was from Torpa originally and the birth record I found seemed to be the only thing that fit. 

I felt I was on the right track but was hoping to find absolute proof! 

I've spent this morning trying to check out all the witnesses listed on their childrens' birth records.  I'm just part way through and it is very challenging as I struggle to read the names correctly.  The trouble I have is that there are no household records available in the 1740's through 1770  time frame to match these people with the locations.  There are so many Lars Perssons and Per Larssons, etc.  Sometimes the patronymic names aren't included at all.   :)

So, I really do appreciate your help!

Thank you so very much,

Vicki Cihla

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna