ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with 1826 Estate Inventory  (läst 883 gånger)

2020-05-12, 21:13
läst 883 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
Can someone confirm/correct my general understanding of the top portion of the estate inventory that is attached?

I've circled a phrase that I don't understand so would welcome help with this.

I've also circled the following 4 names and would like to confirm/learn the roles they played in the estate inventory in relation to the children (where they all representatives?):

1. Jonas Gudmundsson - I think he represented the 15 year old son Johannes Gudmundsson. Jonas is a relative
2. Pär Andersson - I think he represented the 28 year old daughter Johanna Gudmundsdotter.
3. Olaf Pärsson - What is his connection to the 25 year old daughter Catharina Gudmundsdotter?
4. Johannes Nilsson - I don't know what his role is - was it also related to Catharina?

This is my basic understanding:

On 1826, 29 Sept, an estate inventory was taken for Gudmen Charlson (Gudmund Carlsson) who died 9 July.  He left behind a widow and their 6 children, 4 sons: Lars 33 years old, son Charl 23 years old, son Anders 20 years old, son Johannes 15 years old, represented by Jonas Gudmundsson in Bägaryd, older daughter Johanna 28 years old was represented by Pär Andersson in Groeryd and other daughter Katarina 25 years old -  who are Olaf Pärsson in Miäla and Johannes Nilsson in Balkeryd?

The first two people on the list are related to the children.  I'm trying to understand, since the daughters are aged 25 and 28, if they were being assigned a guardian if they were unmarried or if there is any indication of their marital status.  I have not seen any evidence of them being married at that time.  Would each child have a separate representative or guardian? 

One other thing - his widow was Kiersten Larsdotter but I don't see her name on the first page.  Is it there and I just missed it?   She is named on the last page of the inventory at bottom of page 925 located at: https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v76235?image=481

https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v76235?image=479 (It is located at the top of the right hand page)
Sunnerbo-häradsrätt-G-FII-30-1826-1827-Image-479-Page-921

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Vicki Cihla

2020-05-12, 22:50
Svar #1

Utloggad Anti Poika

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1729
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-11, 19:57
    • Visa profil
You seem to have got the basic understanding right. The first encircled phrase is "egen för myndare", egen förmyndare, written twice, one each for the oldest sons as they are of age to speak for themselves.
4. "änkans god man Johannes Nilsson i Balkryd" / the widow was represented by Johannes Nilsson in B.
Mvh Anti

2020-05-13, 02:02
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
Thank you very much!   I didn't catch it that Johannes Nilsson represented the widow.  So, the youngest son, Johannes, the two daughters and the widow each had a person to represent them.  That makes sense.

The estate inventories have really proven to be invaluable for confirming family relationships and even extending the family further back.  I never thought I would be able to utilize the estate inventories.  Without all the help I've received, I certainly would never have been able to have done it, since I cannot read the old handwriting and can't speak Swedish.  But, I've been able to learn much about the customs and people themselves.  There's still a lot to learn.  :)

Thanks again for your ongoing help and the help of all the others who continue to help me,

Vicki Cihla

2020-05-13, 02:21
Svar #3

Utloggad Anti Poika

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1729
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-11, 19:57
    • Visa profil
I have to admit that you are pretty skilled at getting out facts from these old texts.  :)
Mvh Anti

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna