ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Ingierd as mother or mother-in-law here?  (läst 946 gånger)

2020-05-10, 04:54
läst 946 gånger

M

Hello anyone,

I've been trying to figure out this Christening record for months now.  In the list of "Sponsors' I can easily read, Jon Thomasson in Risarp, Getinge and Lars Person in Rysarp, Eftra.  Then, there is "Something Something mother Ingierd ___aslunda-___?
The last name is Ingaborg Bengtsdotter in Waslunda. 

So, if anyone could read for sure who this Ingierd is that would be great!  I'd love to know if she is a mother or mother-in-law, since I see the word mother included.

Here is the attachment:

Thanks,
M

2020-05-10, 09:54
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5135
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 14:37
    • Visa profil
The word seems to "bördemod." I have never seen that word before, but börda means burden, often used as child burden, pregnancy. So I believe this woman is a midwife.

2020-05-10, 21:59
Svar #2

M

Okay, thank you.  Are you referring to the first word, something that looks like," Boudemad?"  There are also some words after the name, Ingierd, that I can't read.  It looks like Haland i Ranpgarden.  Maybe the H word is her last name.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
M

2020-05-10, 22:26
Svar #3

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5135
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 14:37
    • Visa profil
Yes, it seems like her last name, Håkansd. (Håkansdotter) and her adress that I can't really read. Karpagården or Knapagården or something like that.

2020-05-11, 00:50
Svar #4

Utloggad Kristina Gunnarsdotter

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6204
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-21, 18:20
    • Visa profil
I googled bördemoder (birth mother) and bördemor and got three hits, all in Eftra.
And I think it is Knapagården.

2020-05-11, 15:55
Svar #5

M

This is great!  Thank you for solving this mystery!  I really appreciate you and you taking the extra time.

Blessings,
M

2020-05-12, 14:49
Svar #6

Utloggad Christer Arvidsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 789
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-10, 09:47
    • Visa profil

Hello again!
There is something i will add to this discussion,
Bördemoder, a woman who brings the baby up to the preast during the christening.
In this case she is named Ingierd Håkans. The second name is not hers, but her husbands first name.
The marriage in 1733 tells: Ingierd Persdotter in Wässlunda and her husband Håkan Persson in Knappagård.
MVH
Christer

2020-05-12, 17:01
Svar #7

M

You are amazing, Christer!  Thank you so much for taking the extra time to look up the marriage between Ingierd Perssdr. and Hakans Persson.  It must have been a special honor to carry the baby up to the priest during this ceremony, so I'll be interested to do more research on this couple. 

I've appreciated everyone's imput on this discussion.  It is all very helpful. :)

M

2020-05-12, 17:41
Svar #8

Utloggad Christer Arvidsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 789
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-10, 09:47
    • Visa profil

It really was!
Bördemoder was often choosen among the nearest family, perhaps a sister or sister in law.
/Christer

2020-05-12, 21:17
Svar #9

M

Thanks again for the big tips, here.
M

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna