ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with 1776 Estate Inventory  (läst 1165 gånger)

2020-05-02, 00:50
läst 1165 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 22:58
    • Visa profil
Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track with this 1776 Estate Inventory?  I also have a couple associated general questions.

On the first page of the inventory (top of page 13), I understand that

Sunnerbo-häradsrätt-G-FII-6-1776-1780-Image-10-Page-13
https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v76211?image=10

On February 28 an estate inventory was taken after the death of Elin Eriksdotter.  Why was an inventory taken after her death?  Usually it is taken after the husband dies (or it seems that way).  Her husband, Jonas Arvidsson, was still living. Why wouldn't he be listed as the surviving spouse?  Did I miss it?

Does she have 3 children or 3 sons?  It looks like she has 2 daughters, aged 10 and 8.  I am not sure who the child is who is 3 years old.  It also looks like there is mention of mother's brother(s)?, the children's uncles? I think they may have assisted with the inventory - Joran Ericsson and Anders Ericsson listed on the last page could be her brothers.

Sunnerbo-häradsrätt-G-FII-6-1776-1780-Image-12-Page-17.jpg
https://app.arkivdigital.se/volume/v76211?image=12

The handwriting is again quite difficult to read so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks a lot,

Vicki Cihla

2020-05-02, 01:28
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4531
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-24, 04:08
    • Visa profil
The inventory was made to give her children the right heritage if her husband remarries and get more children, and it was a requirement to have it done before he could remarry. The husband is usually mentioned in the beginning, here forgotten (or taken for granted?) but he is the first to sign the document, just above Jöran Ericsson on the last page. She had three children, Arfvid 10 years, and two daughters 8 and 3 years old (not sure about their names). It say "morbrodern Jöran Ericksson" but I don't se that it say who Anders Ericksson is.

2020-05-02, 01:58
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much!  Very interesting and helpful. Great background information too!

Thanks again,

Vicki Cihla

2020-05-02, 02:11
Svar #3

Utloggad Anti Poika

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1729
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-11, 19:57
    • Visa profil
The husband is usually mentioned in the beginning, here forgotten (or taken for granted?) but he is the first to sign the document, just above Jöran Ericsson on the last page.
On the second row Jonas Arfwidson is mentioned. ...hos Jonas Arfwidson uti...  The daughters names look like Karing? or similiar and Maria.

Some of the second text without translation:
1775 ... blef boupteckning ... hos Enkan Kierstin Arvids? doter i H... efter des afledne man Erick Bengtson som efterlemnade 6 barn Sonen Per Sonen Bengt Sonen Jonas Sonen Erik dess myndiga Sonen Nils 16 år Dotr Karin? 22 år  Bouptecknings männerna förmante? Enkan at redligen upgifa egendomen som ... 
Mvh Anti

2020-05-02, 03:00
Svar #4

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you!  I missed it.  Not surprising, as I am still struggling with the handwriting. I'll  take another look to see I can recognize it.  I appreciate all the help I can get to clarify my understanding.  I can recognize some words, which gives me a start.  Karin is the elder daughter's name.   

Thank you also for the text (without the translation) - I'll work on it and see what I can figure out!  This is much appreciated!  (I may have more questions after working on it.)

Thanks again,

Vicki Cihla 

2020-05-02, 18:03
Svar #5

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I've finally gotten back to this - but I'm confused - is this text for the same family (Elin Eriksdotter)? It look like it may be part of the next estate inventory.  Is it related in some way that I don't recognize?

I was, however,  able to figure out where the name Jonas Arvidson appears in the second line of the first page!  :)  I would never have recognized it if you hadn't pointed it out.  Thank you for that!

Thanks again for your help,

Vicki Cihla

2020-05-09, 04:44
Svar #6

Utloggad Anti Poika

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1729
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-11, 19:57
    • Visa profil
So the second link was for the last page of the inventory, as I understand it now, so the confusion is mine only, sorry! I did a too fast interpretation that two links corresponded to two inventories... :(

Leif did answer the question about the children, the uncle Jöran Eriksson and the unknown connection to Anders Ericsson. There may be a connection between the three IA, IE and AE, and I guess we need more documents if we want to know more about AE.
Mvh Anti

2020-05-09, 14:47
Svar #7

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you you so much for clarifying!  I always appreciate your help!  I am happy to try to figure out the meaning of the text if I even have the handwriting transcribed into something I can look up in my dictionary!  Often, I still get it wrong, but then I can offer more to those who are helping me, and get more context.

Is there a way to access more documents to determine whether Jöran Eriksson and Anders Ericsson are possibly brothers or related in some way? 

Thanks again,

Vicki Cihla

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna