ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with household exam records for Bengt Persson and Karin Nilsdotter  (läst 849 gånger)

2020-03-10, 22:50
läst 849 gånger

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1002
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-25, 18:05
    • Visa profil
In following the family of Bengt Persson and Karin Nilsdotter through several household records between 1810 and 1847, I can see that they were a very, very poor family.  I need some help with the notes I've outlined on the attached 4 records, hoping i sheds more light on their lives.

1 Annerstad-G-AI-5-1810-1812-Image-102-Page-179 - this is the first indication that they are poor - I can't read the first line but think it references a place in Skatelof?? and I'm not sure if "utfattig" (very poor) relates to the line above it or not.

2 Annerstad-G-AI-7-1818-1824-Image-143-Page-273 - these notes are difficult to read - I think the first line re-iterates their poverty but I have no idea what the references listed relate to - could these be legal references (court cases??).  I have been told that sometimes that information regarding court cases are sometimes listed on the household exam records but I am not sure what that looks like). 

3 Annerstad-G-AI-9-1831-1838-Image-207-Page-401 - this one lists comments for each family member starting with Bengt Persson followed by wife and children.  I know the first line refers to him as a beggar but am not sure about the rest.

4 Annerstad-G-AI-11-1844-1850-Image-242-Page-23 - this record has just a short note - maybe an abbreviation??  Not sure what it means - but the does show that the widower Bengt Persson died in 1847, maybe it's related to that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Your insight is always helpful!

Thank you,

Vicki Cihla

2020-03-10, 23:35
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4518
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 17:46
    • Visa profil
1. Tjenar i Prästag(ården) och ??. Working at Prästgården och ??. Utfattig probably relates to the family and just happen to be on the wife's row.
2. The cryptic notes is about the children's confirmation, happen when they are around 15 years old.
3. Tigger = beggar and abs, probably short for absolved. The same abs on the wife. First child klen = weak and fattig = poor. Next confirmation 32. Last abs, twice.
4. Difficult, maybe utf., short for utfattig?

2020-03-11, 00:56
Svar #2

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thanks very much for the helpful information! 

There is a place in Skatelöv parish called Prästgården Skatelöv - do you think that is what was being referred to the first question?- and that it meant that he was working for someone else (on their farm), he likely didn't have a farm of his own? 

Thanks also for clarifying what the "cryptic" notes are!  I still have yet to find a household record that references a court case, so am not sure what it might look like.  Since there are no indexes to the court records (yet anyway), I am hoping to run across a reference to one in the household records!  :)

The first child, described as weak and poor, is interesting because of the relatively recent timeframe we are talking about (1831-1838). I can all the more easily understand the appeal of emigration, if it meant owning their own land/farm.

Thanks again for your help!

Vicki Cihla

2020-03-11, 02:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4518
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 17:46
    • Visa profil
Well, there is a Prästgård in Annerstad and that is much closer than Skatelöv, 50 km away. I read the words as "och Skatelöf??" but I am not sure of any of them, others are better on reading text than me, maybe someone can check, it is in Annerstad (G) AI:5 (1810-1812) Bild 102 / sid 179 (AID: v18252.b102.s179, NAD: SE/VALA/00015). I interpret it as he is working on two places, can be wrong. Do you have some other reason to connect him to Skatelöv?

However the family lived in a house without land to farm, a Backstuga, on someone else's land, in this case Marsjö Storegård, usually a house for someone that worked on that farm, but in this case he worked on someone else's farm, the Prästgård. Land to farm was for most of the population the only way to support a family, and there was not land enough to support the whole population causing a lot of starvation, a reason for most of the emigration. Today only 4% of the population grow food for a population 3-4 times bigger than the population at that time.

2020-03-11, 12:38
Svar #4

Utloggad Victoria Cihla

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Thank you for this additional information!  Very interesting.  I have no reason to connect him with Skatelöf so if anyone else would be kind enough to take a look, I'd be curious their thoughts on what this means - does he work in 2 places? 50 km away would be too far I would think but it would be nice to understand the family's situation.

Again, thank you for the additional background information also.  I really want to know what their lives were like so it is all very helpful and interesting.

Vicki Cihla

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna