ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Scandinavians Who Went Missing  (läst 942 gånger)

2020-02-25, 20:11
läst 942 gånger

Utloggad Eric Spudic

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 8
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-08, 20:43
    • Visa profil
Do you have any family members who went missing in the 1920's?  I'm looking to find out who a mystery man shot dead in Canada in 1932 was.  He went under the aliases, "Albert Johnson" and "Arthur Nelson".  He had a thick Scandinavian accent.  He was known to lie, though, and told people he was Danish, Swedish or Norwegian.  There is a possibility that his last name may have been Nilsen, Nilsson or Nielsen.

He claimed to have lived in North Dakota and Wisconsin, although who really knows.  I can trace him from 1926 until his death.  I figure he was probably born in the 1890's and most likely a WWI vet.  Please contact me by email if you have any missing family members who may fit this profile.

ericspudic@hotmail.com

2020-02-25, 20:30
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5032
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-29, 08:47
    • Visa profil
The infamous mad trapper of Rat river  :D   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Johnson_(criminal)
They should compare the DNA to GEDmatch or some other of those sites. I think that would be the only way to solve this case.

2020-03-05, 06:11
Svar #2

Utloggad Don Kaiser

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 122
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-08-31, 05:34
    • Visa profil
Assuming his name was correct, I found this record:

Name: Albert Johnson
Birth Year: abt 1898
Birthplace: Canada
Home in 1920: Juneau, First Judicial District, Alaska Territory
Residence Date:   1920
Race:   Indian (Native American)
Relation to Head of House:   Cousin
Marital status:   Single
Father's Birthplace:   Sweden
Mother's Birthplace:   Alaska
Native Tongue:   Thinglet
Employment Field:   Own Account
Able to Read:   Yes
Able to Write:   Yes
Household Members:   
Name          Age
Thomas Short   40, head, miner
Susie Short   25, wife
Echet Johnson   24, daughter
Annie Johnson   8,  daughter
Albert Johnson   22, cousin, hunter

2020-03-06, 01:48
Svar #3

Utloggad Eric Spudic

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 8
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-08, 20:43
    • Visa profil
THAT Albert Johnson is apparently the man this guy was imitating.  A man named Karl Erickson told people that he was expecting his cousin Albert in town soon.  A stranger pulled up on a canoe and the folks asked if he was Albert Johnson.  The man lied and said, "Yes, that's me."  When they killed him about 8 months later, Karl Erickson viewed the body and said "That's not my cousin!"  To this day, nobody knows what his real name was.

The only way to find out is either DNA searches on all the different ancestry sites or to find a person who had a relative go missing in the 1920's and find out if it was them.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna