ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help Translating Parts of 1841 Death Record  (läst 742 gånger)

2019-06-30, 03:43
läst 742 gånger

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 139
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-26, 00:49
    • Visa profil
The death record below for Christina Nordström, wife of Häradsskräddare Johan Bergstrand (died of Lungsot, Tuberculosis), is not clear to me on two issues, and I'd greatly appreciate any help.

First, the dates of death and burial might be mixed up with the next listing for Brita Johanna, based on the lines drawn on the page. Note the doted line connecting the 13th death of the year to the December 11 and 13 entries, and the solid line connecting the dates of December 30 and January 6 to Christina. Does she appear to have died on December 11 (buried on December 17) or did she instead die on December 30 (buried on January 6)? I wonder if the listings are in reverse order based on those two lines written in the record.

Second, what is written immediately after Christina Nordström's name, as I can't understand that notation?

Many thanks for any assistance with this interesting record of an ancestor.

Best,
John

2019-06-30, 08:33
Svar #1

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5115
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-14, 18:42
    • Visa profil
It looks like this death note has been added afterward, so why didn't they just put it after the next one? There is lots of space. Probably because it happend before that one, so I think 11/17 dec is right. Just ignore the dotted line.
I think they wrote "uppl. äktenskap" dissolved marriage. That was pretty rare in that time and there should be info to find in the county councils records about it. They needed good reasons for doing it, so something bad might have happend.

2019-07-01, 04:42
Svar #2

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank Kalle, as I thought the December 11/17 were the correct dates, but those unusual lines penned in caused me to doubt that. I had never seen that before.

Speaking of never seen before, I have never seen (or even heard of) a reference to an annulled marriage from that time. A mystery, for sure. Do you have any advice on the type of county council records that might contain details, and where those are available? Do you think those are in ArkivDigital or any other on-line sources, or might they be something that has to be obtained directly from the relevant office? I'd be interested to uncover the details. Thank you again for your help!

Best,
John

2019-07-04, 14:17
Svar #3

Utloggad Kalle Birgersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5115
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-14, 18:42
    • Visa profil
I beleive you would find it in the books called "Ölands södra mots häradsrätt". Arkiv Digital has them scanned, write a1784 in the search column in the top and you should get right to them. Scroll down to the books called Ala:160 and similar, but be prepared for massive amounts of reading, especially when you don't know exactly when it happend.

2019-07-05, 01:47
Svar #4

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you Kalle! I appreciate all your help.

Best wishes,
John

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna