ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help Translating Portions of 1821-1826 Husförhörslängd  (läst 1316 gånger)

2019-06-29, 03:01
läst 1316 gånger

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 139
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-26, 00:49
    • Visa profil
The household register below shows Klockaren Johannes Bergstrand and his family living in Skede in the Parish House (Socknestugan), which makes sense given his position in the church. I can see that children Johan, Jonas Peter and Johanna all moved out, with dates and destinations noted, but can someone tell me what the note in the right hand column says about the rest of the family moving out, I believe in 1825? Also, this is perhaps a silly question, but is Bysegor a location in Skede, as I cannot find any, or is that "Bys egor," and if so, what does that mean? Thank you for the assistance!

John

2019-06-29, 07:43
Svar #1

Utloggad Britt-Marie Waller

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4945
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-07, 13:06
    • Visa profil
Skede bys ägor means Skede village properties.

The family can be found in the next parishbook AI:6 Skede p 53. Johannes Bergstrand dies at Klockelund in 1839, AI:7 p 119, Stina Petersdotter dead at the same place in 1859, AI:9 p 92.

Regards,

Britt-Marie

2019-06-30, 02:02
Svar #2

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you Britt-Marie! I suspected that "Bys egor" meant something like that, in the village proper, but could not find a meaning because the word is, in fact, "ägor" in modern spelling, which I didn't know. Thank you for the help on that. I did see those two death records, and the next parish book, and I appreciate you making sure I knew about those details. I wasn't clear on what the writing is on the very right hand of the page, regarding a notation mentioning 1825, if you understand it. I also interpreted the place of death for both Johannes and Stina as Klockaregården, but I do see there is a Klockelund in Skede. Do you think it says Klockelund versus Klockaregården? Thank you again for your kind assistance.

Best,
John

2019-06-30, 13:56
Svar #3

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
The note in AI:5 p 66 says "skrif.". The same note can be seen in some other pages in the parishrecord. The word is shortened so I am not sure if the meaning is skriv(en) or skriv(kunnig) in modern spelling. I could mean that the person could write = skriva.

Johannes and Stina are both registred in the parishrecord when they die, at the cottage Klockelund situated on the Klockaregårds area. When Johannes no longer worked as a a sexton, he moved to this small cottage with his wife. In the deathbook 1839-06-11 and 1859-08-25, the place of death are only given as Skede Klockaregård.

The right "adress" would be Klockelund, Klockaregården, Skede.

Greetings,

Britt-Marie

2019-07-01, 04:27
Svar #4

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you Britt-Marie. I did see later references to "Klockaregården Skede, Klockelund" when Stina is living as a widow. Your explanation makes sense and is very helpful, thank you.

Last questions on this record:

What is written underneath "Skriv," on the very right hand column? It looks like "Har svårt all hörd och svårt hittats," but wouldn't that mean heard having difficulty and difficult to find? And if so, that must relate only to Jonas Peter, don't you think? I find that notation interesting, but admittedly may be misunderstanding it.

Finally, is the "Adm: 1825" notation, an indication that the entire family moved out (as they are all crossed out as no longer in that location) in 1825? I'm not quite certain about that either.

Thank you again for the assistance understanding this particular record.

Best,
John

2019-07-01, 09:09
Svar #5

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
The note says that he had problems with his hearing and difficulties to speak and pronunciate correctly.

Sometimes a family are crossed out when they are transferred to the next book.

2019-07-02, 02:21
Svar #6

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you for that translation. That would explain why he left the Sockenstuga and in all likelihood could not perform the duties of Klockaren. Thank you Britt-Marie.

John

2019-07-04, 23:49
Svar #7

Utloggad Karl-Henrik Rydén

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 943
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-08, 21:51
    • Visa profil
    • edshult.eu
Hi John,I am doing research in this area and I have some info about the ancestors of Johannes and Stina in Skede Klockaregård. For some of Stinas family it goes several generations back. Let me know if you would like me to share that. You can reach me at kryden(at)gmx.de.I am back in Småland at the time and I just drove by at Skede this afternoon which made me think about your enquiries again. I saw the sign for the klockarestugan about a mile west of Skede church.   
BR,Karl-Henrik

2019-07-05, 02:05
Svar #8

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Karl-Henrik,

That's fascinating that you just drove past the sign for the Klockarestugan in Skede! I will most definitely email you with what information I have, and greatly look forward to hearing what you have uncovered. Many thanks for thinking of me and my research, and talk soon.

Best wishes,
John

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna