ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help Translating Location and Cause of Death in 1789 Record  (läst 817 gånger)

2019-06-18, 03:48
läst 817 gånger

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 139
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-10-26, 00:49
    • Visa profil
Can anyone help translate the location of Lars Svensson at the time of his death on 29 August, 1789 from the attached record? And is the noted cause of death bröstfeber or bröstsjuk, as that is difficult to read? Many thanks for your much appreciated help.

John

2019-06-18, 08:40
Svar #1

Utloggad Jens Bornemann

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 84
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-30, 14:06
    • Visa profil
    • www.fambornemann.se
Hi!

I believe the location is Segarsås.
The cause of death looks like bröstvärk ("chest pain").

2019-06-19, 03:21
Svar #2

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Jens, Many thanks for your help identifying that location and clearing up the cause of death, as I couldn't read the latter part of that word. Segarsås also makes complete sense, as there are prior and latter entries relating to that family indicated at that same location, but this particular entry just didn't clearly suggest that name to me. The variations in lettering and overall style for the old Gothic Swedish script is challenging to decode sometimes. Again, thank you for your kind help!

Best,
John

2019-06-19, 16:04
Svar #3

Utloggad Jens Bornemann

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 84
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-11-30, 14:06
    • Visa profil
    • www.fambornemann.se
No problem, John. Old church records can be really confusing in any language I think, and even more so if it's an unfamiliar one. Glad I could help!

//
Jens

2019-06-20, 02:01
Svar #4

Utloggad John Friberg

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
So true, Jens. But at least the Swedish records are meticulous and go back quite a way, even if some of the script is challenging and it takes skill and time to learn the abbreviations, formats and shorthand. Again, thank you for taking the time to help me. I'm so grateful to everyone on Anbytarforum who so quickly and kindly respond to my inquiries. The expertise and kindness from fellow researchers with expertise in Swedish language, records and history is amazing to experience and a wonderful resource.

With appreciation,
John Friberg

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna