Forum > Discussions in English

Locating a specific place/farm from Husförhör record

(1/4) > >>

John Lehman:
Once we have found ancestors in the Husförhör record is there a way to find the exact location today of that place?  I am trying to locate Djupdalen farm near Lärum, south of Edsvalla, the home of my great-great grandfather Johannes Andersson in 1861-65.  Thanks.

Leif Lundkvist:
Here is the map from around 1890. On todays map that should be in the area of Rallarberget and the road E45 west of Lärum = Lerum. Not much, if anything, remains today.

John Lehman:
All my thanks and gratitude.  Very much appreciated.

John Lehman:
Leif--
Could you please cite the source of the 1890 map you posted?  I am looking for the scale of the map and some features of Edsvalla to try to line it up with current maps.  Lerum itself today is pretty much a few businesses and farms. I am happy to see the railroad line, which gives me a reference point.  Again, thanks so much.
John

Laars Lövdahl:
Hi John
I happened to see your message and can give you the coordinates on (Bing map) to one of the Djupdalen crofts that is marked out on the old "Häradskartan" map. In the picture I attach, I have overlayed the old map on Bing map. I guess you can find some traces after them at the place.
All the best
Lars

Navigering

[0] Meddelandeindex

[#] Nästa sida

Gå till fullversion