ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Message about immigrants to America  (läst 1780 gånger)

2019-03-19, 21:11
läst 1780 gånger

Utloggad MikeG

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-05, 17:49
    • Visa profil
Hi. I am new to this forum.  I have a question about some messages in a household examination for my grandfather's family in Torhamn.  My grandfather, John Peterson immigrated to the US in 1891 and another brother, sister and half brother did later.
In the Household Examination for 1881-1894 (AI:21) pg 436, a message refers to all the immigrants.  I contacted someone on Ancestry.com who said the message was "Declared dead by order of the District Court". Is this a correct translation?
In the death records for 1933, each one of them has a death date exactly 20 years after immigrating.  I first thought this was just clearing the books so to speak, but I haven't seen this done with other people.
Could this have something to do with a legal family matter or a probate?  That's just another wild guess. 
Three files are attached.  Besides the Household Examination, there are two different views of the Death records.
The names are Per Johan Martensson (John Peterson), Ida Charlotta Martensdotter, August Magnus Martensson and the half brother, Holger August Olsson.
Thanks so much for any help.

Mike Greer

2019-03-20, 00:32
Svar #1

Utloggad Maud Svensson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 21960
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-15, 23:21
    • Visa profil
An official declaration of death can be made upon request of the family when a missing person presumably is deceased. A division of an inheritance is a common reason of such requests.
Hälsar vänligen
Maud

2019-03-20, 04:39
Svar #2

Utloggad MikeG

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-05, 17:49
    • Visa profil
Thanks for your quick reply, Maud.

Only one daughter remained in Sweden. She had one child before she died in 1906. He got married in Feb 1934 and the death declaration was in 1933.
Maybe he wanted to clear up legal matters before his marriage.

Thanks again.
Mike

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna