ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help with translating a death record in 1758, Överhogdal parish  (läst 1608 gånger)

2019-01-22, 16:33
läst 1608 gånger

Utloggad Rueben Grue

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 12
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-04-14, 17:28
    • Visa profil
Hi.  My 7th great grandfather was Jöns Pürsson (Persson).  He died on 17 Aug 1758 at the age of 79.  His death/burial record is noted in Överhogal volume C:1, 1681-1861, Arkivdigital collection:  Överhogdal (Z) C:1 (1691-1861) Image 1040 / Page 197.  There are a number of comments, but I can only make out a few of the words - they start at the bottom of the first side and continue to the top of the second side.

Any help is very much appreciated.  Thanks.  Rueben
Rueben Grue

2019-10-16, 21:28
Svar #1

Utloggad Roland Johansson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-12-18, 20:56
    • Visa profil
den 3 Septemb[er] begrofs g[am]le bonden Jöns Persson ifrån Säter. Kvar hos sina föräldrar til 21 året, tiente sedan i denna församling til sitt 36 [år], derpå gift 12 år, fick 2 söner och 2 döttrar deraf en son död blifwit. Enklinge i 32 år, här warit nog werldsliger och p[en]gesnål, förmentes och hafwa braf pengar, (men?) (rät?) (wiset?) graföl tll tacksamhetsteken. Nöckter och stilla. Skal haft No 220 til sin walpsalm. Sista året ålderdomsbräckelig och matter. Fine Julii ansattes af hostan, andetäppa och magesweda, betientes med Nattwarden den 6 aug[usti]. fick slutel[igen] håll och styng och dödde den 17 aug[usti]. Vita 79 år och några månader.

3:rd September was buried old farmer Jöns Persson from Säter. Remained with his parents until his 21:st year, worked thereafter in this parish until his 36:th, thereupon married for 12 years, got 2 sons and 2 daughters of which one son has died. Widower for 32 years. Here been somewhat worldly and stingy with money, was also said to have good (much?) money, [then 3 words I can't figure out] funeral feast as a token of gratitude. Sober and quiet. Is said to have had No 220 as his chosen hymn. Final year frail with old age and feeble. At end of July plagued with coughing, shortness of breath and stomach pain, was attended with Communion on 6 August. At the end got pneumonia and died 17 August. Lived 79 years and some months.

The words "Fine" and "Vita" are in Latin.

2019-10-17, 20:59
Svar #2

Utloggad Rueben Grue

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thanks very much for your translation.  Sometime after I posted this request, I found out that this "Jön Persson" was not my 7th great grandfather.  My 7th great grandfather was Jöns Pålsson who had died in 1785 and was also from Säter in Överhogdal parish.

In your translation, you indicated three words that you couldn't make out.  I had received another translation from a Facebook group (Swedish American Genealogy), and it appears that the words are related to ""braf pengar, men ?rätt?/that word is hopeless/ intet graföl till tacksamhetstecken" as the translator had writtern.  The meaning is possibly "there was no grave feast held" or that there was "no grave beer"
Rueben Grue

2019-10-18, 19:20
Svar #3

Utloggad Karl Göran Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2704
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-17, 08:07
    • Visa profil
"... men nät intet .."  That the second word here begins with the letter n is quite obvious. Compare it with the same letter in the previous words "en son" and "nog". Nät or as it is spelled nowadays -nätt-, means scarce/scarcely.

2019-10-18, 19:34
Svar #4

Utloggad Rueben Grue

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thanks for your information.  Yes, I agree - the letter is "n".
Rueben Grue

2019-12-18, 20:55
Svar #5

Utloggad Roland Johansson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-12-18, 20:56
    • Visa profil
Final interpretation: "men niöt intet".

'niöt', modern spelling 'njöt', shorter form of 'åtnjöt', past tense of 'åtnjuta', "be honored with", "receive", "get".

2019-12-18, 23:53
Svar #6

Utloggad Rueben Grue

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thanks for your input and review of this question.  Also thanks to Karl Göran Eriksson.
Rueben Grue

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna