ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help translating two localities  (läst 1656 gånger)

2019-01-17, 10:06
läst 1656 gånger

Utloggad Douglas A Nelson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 96
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-24, 10:43
    • Visa profil
Can someone please help with reading the locations where the husband and wife were from in the attached marriage record from Västra Tunhem parish in Älvsborgs län?  It is marriage #25, between Nils and Caisa.  If you happen to know what parish these farms are located in, that would be great.  If not, I can search for them.

I try using Tyda text and lists of locations; but can't match these to anything.

Thank you for your time and expertise!
Doug Nelson

2019-01-17, 14:41
Svar #1

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 443
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-16, 13:05
    • Visa profil
Hi!

I do not know if you have seen that the first part says: "hemmans- brukaren" (which means the owner of a farm kind of yeoman) and then it says: "i Baggd." I think, short for Baggården. I can find a Baggården in the neighbouring parish Flo. Perhaps that is something to check up.

Regards

Klas

2019-01-17, 15:29
Svar #2

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Apparently it seems to be a Baggården mentioned in Västra Tunhem Church books too. In 1788-10 they got a Daughter called Stina and in 1790-12 they have a son called Oluf in Baggården. This according to släktdata a site with free registers.

Finally I found them in V Tunhem C/3 picture 31 page 53 for Gjerdhem/Gärdhem Parish

Klas

2019-01-17, 22:52
Svar #3

Utloggad Kristina Gunnarsdotter

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6194
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-21, 11:59
    • Visa profil
Here is Baggården in Gärdhem (Gjerdhem):
https://kartor.eniro.se/?c=58.247357,12.348075&z=15

NB. A hemmansbrukare is a tenant, not an owner.

2019-01-18, 12:34
Svar #4

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thank you both for the translation help and finding the location!  I thought there were localities given for both the mother and father, but you pointed out there was only one (Baggården).  Thanks also for pointing me to the Släktdata website: I did not know of this site, and have already found it very useful!  Your help has helped me follow the family of Nils Bengtsson Lindgren (the husband in the attached record).  I have found 5 children so far, sometimes the father is Nils Bengtsson and sometimes Nils Lindgren.  A bit confusing, but I am pretty sure the father is the same individual.

Doug Nelson

2019-01-18, 14:37
Svar #5

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
You're welcome Doug!

I don't know if you have found out that you can search directly on the släktddata site not just download things? You can go to "sökning" above to the left and choose some of the categories "Christian name/förnamn Parish/församling, surname/efternamn, title/titel and so on. If you for instance choose västra Tunhem as Parish, nils for Christian name and bengt as surname and then  född/born  the program will list all birth activities with Nils Bengtsson involved in västra Tunhem. I think you also can extend the number of parishes you like to search. Unfortunately Släktdata do not have all Swedish Parishes but are often strong in some Geographical areas.

Also here is a link to a picture of Baggården (bare in mind that there were perhpas several different Baggården farms in late 18th Century and that the one on the picture is more likely built during the 19th century) published on Bygdeband.

http://www.bygdeband.se/?post_type=attachment&p=2312393

Klas

2019-01-18, 16:10
Svar #6

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Klas,

Thank you very much for the photo!  In 2012 I was able to visit the farm my grandfather grew up on at Rånnum Storegården in Västra Tunhem.  It was quite similar to the photo you sent.

Luckily for me, Slaktdata is very good for Västra Tunhem.  I took a while, but I was able to find the birth for Nils Bengtsson Lindgren by searching for Nils Jonsson (the family name of his father, who I assume adopted the name Lindgren when he joined the army.  I have to verify that assumption still).  Searches for Nils Bengtsson or Nils Lindgren did not find him.  This family was not consistent in their use of a surname.

You may recall that last week you helped me with another question concerning Pehr Andersson in Ǻsbo parish who apparently was born in neighboring Säby.  I am still working on that: I have found 3 Pehr Anderssons who moved in to Ǻsbo, and still need to find if one of them is my ancestor.  I want to thank you for pointing me to using the tax records and to looking at witnesses to the birth of children.  I have since found these methods to be very useful!

Thank you again,
Doug Nelson

2019-01-19, 14:26
Svar #7

Utloggad Klas Wallén

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
If you tell me the books and pages where you found the three Peter Andersson I might have some time to take a look at them too. Säby is a nice Parish with it's center in a vally with a beautiful Church near a small lake. We use to go there several times each year spotting birds.

I think I have found your line in släktdatas material and Arkiv Digital. Nils Bengtsson dies in Karten(ed) in Västra Tunhem 1808-11-30 (Västra Tunhem C/3 page 525). Karten(ed) is a place that Bengt Lindgren and Anna Nilsdotter with family mowed to before 1761 when their daughter Kristina was born in Karten(ed). When Kristina is born in 1761 Bengt is still noted as Jonsson so it is no doubt that Bengt Lindgren in Karten and Bengt Jonsson the father of Nils born in 1758, is the same person. Bengt Jonsson and Anna Nilsdotter also got Jonas born 1756.05-02. When Bengt Lindgren dies in 1817-07-06 he is noted under Runnarebo where his son Jonas Lindgren born 1756-05-02 also lives and works as a forest ranger (AI/1 page 215). Bengt is noted as 87 years 8 months and 23 days old which gives us the birth around October 1729 in Karten)ed) (AI/! page 215, C/3 page 541). Also in the death records Bengt is noted as a former kronojägare which at least later on was a kind of forest ranger too. We can find a Bengt with father Jon born in Karten 1729-09-21 and that is very close (Västra Tunhem C/1 page 226). I think that is your Bengt Jonsson. When Bengt Jonsson and Anna Nilsdotter are married in 1754-01-01 his parents are noted as Jon Larsson and Kerstin Bengtsdotter and her as Nils Eriksson and Anna Torstensdotter. In 1770 08 22 a Kristin Bengtsdotter dies in Karten 87 years old and in 1744-06-1o a Farmer Jon Larsson dies in Kartened.

Klas

2019-01-22, 16:41
Svar #8

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Klas,  Thank  you so much for sharing all that material on Bengt Lindgren's family!  I have found much of that, and it is reassuring to have you replicate it.  Your translation of the material is very useful.

I have posted my latest findings on Pehr Andersson from Säby and Åsbo parishes under the original topic.  You thought you might have some time to look into this puzzle some more.  I may have found Pehr moving in to Åsbo from Ekeby in 1783; but I can't be sure.

Thank you,
Doug Nelson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna