ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Translation of death record.  (läst 2116 gånger)

2018-11-19, 17:30
läst 2116 gånger

Utloggad Genee Wilson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 9
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-01-24, 00:51
    • Visa profil
I was wondering if someone could help me with the translation of a very detailed death record Leksand (W) F:9 (1741-1752) Bild: 42 Sida: 38 It is for Margeta Larsdotter and is Item 2 on 25 p. Trinitatis. I can read a little Svenska but I am self taught and have trouble with vocabulary. I don't know if it is possible to do a complete translation on this forum or if someone would need my email address. The record gives information about her husband's death that I don't completely understand but I suspect that because he was a soldier he may have fallen in Stora nordiska Kriget. I can find no death record in his parish and I'm not entirely sure how to find that information in military records. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Genee

2018-11-26, 14:21
Svar #1

Utloggad Erik Mouwitz

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 126
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-05, 15:23
    • Visa profil
Hi!
Here's a transcription in Swedish and an approximate translation:

"Hustr. Margta Larsdtr ifrå Hedby är född i Diura af
gudfruchtige föräldrar Lars Persson och hustr. Anna
Andersdr. renata. Bene informata. Har ständigt
warit hemma i föräldrarnas umgänge, och derunder
sig skickel. förehållit. Trädde sedan wid 27 åhrs ålder
i ächtenskap med Erich Larsson i Hedby, hwars ächta
sammanlefnad hon niutit i 6 åhr och aflat 3 Sön-
ner som alla lefwa. Har sedan ifrå mans dödel.
frånfälle lefwat nu en sörjande Änka i 42½ åhr
och under all sin lefwnad skickat sig CHristel. , äl-
skat Guds H. ord och öfwat Gudfruchtan, samt
flitigt begåt den H. Natwarden och det sist på
Sottesängen förl.ne. sista Storböndag. Har och
i sammanlefwnad wist sig tyst och fridsam. Öf-
wer förledne sommar har hon warit siuklig och
lades til Sängs för 7 weckor sedan af Bränsot och
andra anstöter. Efter en Christelig beredelse af-
led hon med döden i fredags för middagen 75½ gl."

Margta Larsdotter was born in Djura to godfearing parents, Lars Persson and his wife Anna Andersdotter. renata. Bene informata. Remained at home in the company of her parents and always acted prudently. Entered the married state at the age of 27 with Erich Larsson from Hedby, whose company she enjoyed for 6 years, conceiving 3 sons, all still living. Since her husbands death, she has lived as a mournful widow for 42½ years and throughout her life always remained a true christian, loving the word of God, godfearing in practice, and often partaking of Holy Communion, which she did for the last time on her sickbed during the last great prayer day. In all her relations she was quiet and peaceful. During the last summer, she was sickly, and took to her bed seven weeks ago, due to Brännsot and other diseases. After prayer and absolution, she passed away last friday morning at an age of 75½ years.

Brännsot translates literally to "burning sickness" and could perhaps be some sort of fever...

/Erik

2018-11-26, 14:40
Svar #2

Utloggad Genee Wilson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you very much Erik I could only translate about 40% of that on my own. It is wonderful to have the entire record translated. I love the parish priests who gave such detail in their death records. I was hoping there might be more of a hint about her husbands death but that is okay. I haven't been able to find a death record for him where he and his family lived. Do you know where I might find a tutorial to help make better use of the military records on Arkivdigital. I have tried and have some difficulty with them?

2018-11-27, 23:39
Svar #3

Utloggad Erik Mouwitz

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 126
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-05, 15:23
    • Visa profil
Hi!
He was indeed a soldier (Leksand  AI:2b p. 24 middle of the page), with Sold[at] written in front of his name, his soldier-name being Fyr.

To find a conscripted soldier, you start by looking up his place of recidence in "Statistiskt sammandrag af Svenska indelningsverket" by C. Grill. This can be found on Arkiv Digital.

1. Look up the parish in the Register (Tryckt litteratur (o) GrillReg:1 Bild 450 / sid 42). Here we can see that Leksand parish is covered on page 218 of volume 2 and page 37 in volume 4.

2. Open Volume 2 to page 218. On this page we can see the rotar (smallest subdivision of a regiment) in Leksand.  (Tryckt litteratur (o) Grill:2 (1856) Bild 1140 / sid 219). Here we can see that the soldiers living in Hedby, Leksand have the numbers 12,43,44 and 45 of the Leksand company in the Dal regiment.

3. Open the Generalmönsterrulla for Dalregementet for the relevant time period. You'll find Erik Larsson Fyr (Fyr being his soldier name) on pages 167 and 603 under No. 45.
(Generalmönsterrullor - Dalregementet (W) 097 (1695-1710) Bild 6070 / sid 603
 Generalmönsterrullor - Dalregementet (W) 097 (1695-1710) Bild 1710 / sid 167)

Sometimes there are extensive and interesting remarks about the soldier here, but sadly none about your relative. All we really learn from this source is that he became a soldier in 1687. There seems to be a gap in military records for the time that he died (1698, calculated from the above death record). He may have died in war, but 1698 falls into one of the rare times in that part of history when Sweden was not at war :). He may just have died in some other parish and his death recorded there. You could look through the parish records of neighbouring parishes.

Hope this helps!
/Erik

2018-11-28, 15:49
Svar #4

Utloggad Genee Wilson

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Thank you for all your help. I will try to follow your instructions for the military records though Erik Larsson didn't die in 1698. He was married in 1694 and his wife's death record says she was married for 6 years before she became a widow so he must have died in 1700. I don't know how accurate Wikipedia is about the history of Sweden but it says there was a ware called The Great Northern War that started in 1700 and lasted until about 1721. Thank you again for the guidance for using the military records in Arkivdigital.

Genee

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna