ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Anna Britta Andreasdotter from Mjöbäck vs Anne S Larson from Vernon, CT USA  (läst 1491 gånger)

2018-04-01, 15:53
läst 1491 gånger

Utloggad Carl W Anderson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 23
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-12-17, 18:38
    • Visa profil
Are these the same person? My father left notes that my great grandmother, Britta Kristina Andreasdotter, wife of Per Johan Andersson, had a sister, Anna Larson, living in Connecticut, who was the mother of Molly Ostergren. Anna Larson immigrated in about 1873 and married Andrew Larson. They had several children, one of whom was Amelia Rose, who married Gustaf Adolph Ostergren. I have not found information that would directly connect Anna Britta with Anne S. Larson, and as I don't know Swedish, I have not tried to trace Anna Britta once she left Mjöbäck. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Carl

2018-04-02, 19:12
Svar #1

Utloggad Marianne Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 469
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-25, 10:25
    • Visa profil
Hi, can you supply us with date of birth for your great grandmother to let us find the correct family in Mjöbäck?
I don´t quite understand your question, who is Anna Britta - a sister to your great grandmother? Where have you found that name if you only know the sister to be Anna Larson?

2018-04-02, 23:32
Svar #2

Utloggad Carl W Anderson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Dear Marianne,

Sorry for the missing information. Britta Kristina Andreasdotter was born on February 23, 1952 in Mjöbäck, Sweden, the daughter of Andreas Jönsson and Katharine Hansdotter of Mjöbäck. She is my great grandmother and married Per Johan Andersson from Kungsäter. They later emigrated to Cromwell, Connecticut, USA. Britta Kristina was part of a large family and one of her sisters was Anna Britta Andreasdotter, born July 29, 1848. Her FamilySearch ID is LCFH-G4T.

The record my father left mearly says that “Britta Kristina had two sisters, Anna Larson, the mother of Molly Ostergren, Cobalt, CT” and Hanna Faust (possibly Fast). Through FamilySearch I found an Anna S. Larson (FamilySearch ID L5TW-FBL) living in Vernon, Connecticut. A census record lists her birth as November, 1848 in Sweden. She had 6 children with Andrew Larson, one of whom is Amelia Rose Larson, who married Gustaf Adolph Ostergren.

This doesn’t prove that I have the right Larson, but it seems highly probably as my father grew up in Manchester, CT and Vernon is but a few miles east.

Carl

2018-04-03, 10:26
Svar #3

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Your Britta Kristina (23/2 1852) left Mjöbäck 27.5.1892. Her husband had been to Amerika once or twice before that. They had 5 Children born in Sweden. Her mother was left behind, at least at that time in 1892. She had become a widow on July 5th, 1863 and lived with her daughter´s family (page 158 or 160). Maybe her later inventory, if she died in Sweden, would tell about the daughters in Amerika.
The sister Hanna Carolina Andreasdotter was born May 10th, 1859. She left for work in Mårdaklev in 1876.
Anna Britta born July 29th, 1848 left for work in Öxabäck on Oct 1872 - I haven´t time to follow her right now.
The census says November 1848, you say, but can of course be wrong.

2018-04-03, 13:13
Svar #4

Utloggad Carl W Anderson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Dear Marianne,

Thank you for this information! If you are able to trace Anna Britta any further, I would be most interested.

I have a fair amount of information about Britta Kristina and her family in the US. She died on June 29, 1942 in Cromwell, Connecticut and is buried in the West Cemetery there. Also about her husband, my great-grandfather, Per Johan Andersson, who died in Cromwell on February 12, 1932. Also about two of Per Johan’s brothers, Gabriel and Abraham, both of whom also emigrated to Connecticut. A fourth brother, August, born on March 22, 1863 in Kungsäter, also emigrated to the US, but I have not been able to trace him. Maybe DNA will help. Five sisters died in Sweden before they were of an age to marry.

I believe Britta Christina’s sister Hanna Carolina married Carl A. Fast on October 17, 1885 in Portland, Connecticut. She had two girls who died young, and Carl died in 1891. Hanna passed away on October 23, 1931 and also is buried in Cromwell, but in the Old Burying Ground.

Carl

2018-04-04, 11:02
Svar #5

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
I followed Anna Britta born 29.7.1848 from Mjöbäck to Öxabäck in 1872 and to Örby in October 1876. She stayed there until October 1878 when leaving for Ölmevalla (Åsa page 97) in Hallands län.
In october 1879 moving back to Lövåsen, Mjöbäck page 118 (year 1873-1883) and there is noted "are living in Amerika".
So it seems that she stayed in Sweden until at least October 1879. When was the Anna S Larson in CT married or having first child?

Her sister your Britta Christina with family is noted on same page 118 and not leaving before 1883 when that record stops.

2018-04-04, 12:12
Svar #6

Utloggad Carl W Anderson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Dear Marianne,

Thank you! This now becomes a mystery that will require more research on my part on this side of the pond. I have traced a few of the Ostergrens and maybe I can find one that is still alive that knows something. I haven’t tried to follow Anna S. Larson’s other five children yet; that also is a possibility also.

I have Britta Kristina’s leaving record from Mjöbäck. She apparently departed on May 27, 1892 with four children including my grandfather. Per Johan left earlier, I believe on July 29, 1891. They had another child, Jennie, when they got back together in Cromwell.

Carl

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna