ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Interpretation of Swedish Marriage Record  (läst 1138 gånger)

2018-02-04, 15:56
läst 1138 gånger

Utloggad Irene A Nielson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 22
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-02-28, 21:38
    • Visa profil
Please help me interpret a marriage record that was on Arkivdigital.  It is the marriage of Anders Parsson and Hilliger Nilsdotter on 26 or 28 October 1787.  See Bräkne-Hoby CI:6 Ver:a (1781-1800) Image 2120/page 433, entry 9.
Here's what I can understand:
"Anders Pärsson ____ ____ ____ ____ from Hällaryd Parish with maid Hilliger Nilsdotter in Weby ____.  Anders ____ ____ ____ Hoby on the 20 July 1787.  ___ Hilliger born and ____ ____ ____ _____ ____ ____ ____ Nils Jöresson or Jönsson and her father's brother Ola Jönsson in Weby ____ ____ ____ ____ ___ ___."

I am trying to understand the title or occupation of Anders Pärsson, which might help me find his family in Hällaryd Parish.  Thank you so much.

2018-02-04, 18:35
Svar #1

Utloggad Lina Libell

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 351
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-30, 11:42
    • Visa profil
"Anders Pärsson unmarried salpetre boiler hand from Hällaryd Parish with maid Hilliger Nilsdotter in Weby Mill. Anders presented good____ of the 20 July 1787.  She, Hilliger, born and raised in this parish had brought both her father miller Nils Jönsson and her father's brother Ola Jönsson in Weby who gave their consent to the marriage"
The note on the left reads: Banns read without any impediments 5 Aug 1787.
The date on the right is the marriage date 26 oct 1787

Anders presented some kind of certifidate, but I can't make out of what. Salpetre boilers were enlisted by the government and alloted to local farms in a system similar to the one used by the army. The boilers in my family all left service when they married and became crofters or farmers.

2018-02-05, 04:49
Svar #2

Utloggad Irene A Nielson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much for interpreting this marriage record for me and for all of the extra things you added to help me understand more about it.  It was very helpful.  I truly appreciate it.

2018-02-07, 16:29
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingemar Sundewall

• Ingemar Sundewall
  • Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 51
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-12-21, 19:20
    • Visa profil
The word Lina couldn't make out is "betyg", and it simply means that the vicar of his home parish had given him a document to certify that he was a decent and honest man.

2018-02-08, 05:34
Svar #4

Utloggad Irene A Nielson

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thank you for taking the time and adding more understanding and interpretation of this marriage record.  It is very helpful.  You are very kind.  Thank you!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna