ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Vitalis Albin Kopp and Emma Kristina Johansdotter photos  (läst 1108 gånger)

2017-10-01, 21:59
läst 1108 gånger

Utloggad Sheila Olson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 5
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-09, 01:32
    • Visa profil
I have family photos that belonged to my grandparents Vitalis & Emma Copp.  I have very few names for the faces. I have posted them on Google plus - https://plus.google.com/u/1/collection/E28vlB

Thanks in advance.

2017-10-02, 06:49
Svar #1

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Sheila, the photos of men in military uniforms you have posted at Google plus are wearing the Swedish infantry uniform m/1886 (issued in 1886). This uniform came in two models; model I and model II. Model I was used by the regular infantry regiments while model II was used by the Life Guard regiments and the grenadier regiments. The soldiers in your photo gallery are wearing m/1886 model II. There were two Life Guard regiments; Svea Life Guards and Göte Life Guards. The difference in the two regiment’s uniforms were the color on some details on the collar and the arm sleeves. The uniform was dark blue. Svea Life Guard had yellow details on the collar and arm sleeves while Göta Life Guards had red details. It is difficult to determine colors in a black and white photo but I think it safe to say that the color of the details on your photos are red since they are dark. In that case your soldiers are most likely wearing the uniform of Göta Life Guards. The two Life Guards had a Royal name cipher in silver on the shoulder straps.
 The soldiers might also be grenadiers since they had the same type of uniform but they had a flaming grenade on their shoulder straps. You can see the shoulder straps in one the photos and I believe name it is a name cipher. So, I believe your soldiers served in Göta Life Guards.
 See http://www.hhogman.se/uniformer_armen_18_infanteriet2.htm#xl_Uniform_m:471886_I for images of the uniform. Here is some information in English about Göta Life Guards http://www.hhogman.se/regiments_infantry-6.htm#Gota_livgarde_I2
 /Hans
[/size]

2017-10-02, 10:18
Svar #2

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
I might add that the stripes you can see on the upper left arm of the uniforms on your photos are not military rank insignias but so-called school signs. One stripe means that the soldier has passed the examination in Corporal School and two stripes means he had passed the examination in NCO School (NCO = Non Commissioned Officer). /Hans[/size]

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna