ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Places of residence of Johanna Jonsdoter, died 16 October 1868 in Böne parish, Älvsborgs län  (läst 1079 gånger)

2017-05-02, 02:51
läst 1079 gånger

Utloggad Linda Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 40
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 18:38
    • Visa profil
Many thanks to Leif Lundkvist for his reply to my query, “Need help with death record abbreviations and vocabulary, 1868, Böne parish, please” in the “Swedish language” section. His reply included some questions about the residence of Johanna Jonsdoter, who died 16 October 1868 and whose death record is found in Böne F:I (1862-1894) image 11. Because my answers are more about a specific person than the Swedish language, I am posting them here. What I have learned about Johanna’s places of residence is:

According to the Böne Household Examination book AI:9 (1861-1865) image 32, page 26, she moved from Hällunda Yttergården, Hällunda Rota, in Böne parish to “Ving, Elfsborg,” on 29 October 1863. That move is confirmed by the Böne Moving-Out records, B:2 (1862-1873) image 8, page 2, and the Södra Ving Moving-In records, B:2 (1852-1870) image 34.

The Södra Ving Household Examination book AI:7 (1857-1870) image 450, page 439, records her under the heading “I Sochen skrifne” as having moved back to Böne with her family in 1866. The same Household Examination book appears to record that move in more detail on image 97, page 90. There it reports Johanna as having moved with her family from Tosve Larsage in Södra Ving back to Böne parish [although the year of the move appears to be “66” for her daughter, who was the head of the household, and “68” for Johanna]. That record also reports Johanna’s having died 16 October 1868, so I wonder if maybe she died so soon after moving back to Böne that she wasn’t registered there yet—or if someone wrote her death year in the moving-out column for some reason. The Södra Ving B:2 (1852-1870) Moving Records image 108 also lists Johanna moving with some of her family to Böne. Next to the date for the family’s record, it looks as if someone wrote “efter” then crossed it out. The moving date, 7 December 1868, is written next to Johanna’s daughter, “Hustr. Greta Cajsa Jakobsdr” and appears to be for the entire family, despite the fact that Johanna died two months earlier, on 16 October 1868. [I cannot read the name of the specific place in Södra Ving where the family was living, written above Greta’s name, and I don’t know why this record lists a different year for what may be the same move recorded in Södra Ving Household Examination book AI:7 (1857-1870) Image 97, page 90.]

Thank you again, Leif, for the answers to my first questions. Your explanation that Johanna died in Böne but was not registered as a member of that parish was particularly helpful. If you know why the records of Johanna’s move seem to give different years for the same move, I would very much appreciate your telling me the reason.

Best wishes,
Linda Johnson

2017-05-03, 02:06
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif Lundkvist

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4518
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 03:37
    • Visa profil
Johanna moved to Ving in 1863 together with her daughter Greta Cajsa and the husband/son in law Gustaf Johansson and they moved to Larsagården on page 90. 1865 Gustaf Johansson moved to Amerika. 1866 the remaining part of the family was moved to page 439, "På socknen", which means that they are still registered in Ving but have no fixed place where they lived. On page 90 there are two notes "vistas i Böne (för närvarande)" and all of this means that they were registered in Ving but were actually living in Böne, but not registered there. 1868 the priest in Ving had closed the move out records for that year vid the "mantalsskrivning" in the end of November/beginning of December. If any movements happens after that date it is "efter m(antalsskrivning)". Then the family was considered moved to Böne by the priest in Ving and he considered the move to be done before "mantalsskrivningen", thus "efter m" was crossed over and a new "efter m" added further down the page. The place Greta Cajsa moves from is "på socknen", i.e. page 439, without fixed location in Ving. I cant see that Greta Cajsa was moving in in Böne, do you know where she and her family is after 1868? As the family actually lived in Böne, the priest in Ving had no details and therefore it looks like Johanna moved to Böne after her death. After Johanna's death the priest in Böne should have sent a note to Ving, and I guess the priest in Ving solved the problem by noting her dead on page 90 but after that still moved her from page 439, as she was not dead on that page.

2017-05-03, 21:33
Svar #2

Utloggad Linda Johnson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 40
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 18:38
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much, Leif, for explaining the meaning of the priest’s notes [“på socknen,” “vistas i Böne (för närvarande)” and “efter m(antalsskrivning)”] about Johanna Jönsdotter’s family’s places of registration and residence in the Södra Ving Household record AI:7 (1857-1870), image 97, page 90. I think the family must have been in a state of transition at that time, which explains why they were registered in Ving but living in Böne. I have not yet looked for Gustaf Johansson’s emigration/immigration records or located him in the United States. I am guessing that he left Sweden alone with the intention of earning enough money in the United States to send for his wife and children later. If I might ask another question about the record, could you please tell me the meaning of the abbreviations to the left of Gustaf’s name and the word that begins “ut_” between his name and Greta’s?

You have explained to me that the priest who wrote the Södra Ving Moving-out record B:2 (1852-1870), image 108, “cleaned up” the entry for Gustaf’s wife, Greta Cajsa Jacobsdotter, and her family, by listing them as having moved from Södra Ving “på Socknen” to Böne in the records for 1868. I haven’t yet tried to trace her and her daughters further.

Before the Södra Ving Household record AI:7 (1857-1870), image 97, page 90, was written, Gustaf and Greta’s foster daughter, Hanna Charlotta Johansdotter, who was Greta’s deceased brother’s daughter, had moved to Timmele/Timmelhed parish, where she lived with a different foster family. She emigrated from there to the United States in 1866.

Gustaf and Greta’s foster son, Claës August Johansson, who was Greta’s nephew, continued living with Greta’s family for some time after Hanna left home and Gustaf emigrated, as recorded in Södra Ving Household record AI:7 (1857-1870), image 97, page 90. I don’t yet know where he lived between then and his emigration to the United States (in 1868 according to his 1920 U.S. census record), so I have more work to do on that. The last record I have for him in Sweden is the Södra Ving Moving-out record B:2 (1852-1870), image 108, which lists him as moving to Böne with his aunt Greta, her daughters, and his grandmother, Johanna. The 6th column from the right has another abbreviation that I can’t read and the numbers “36-57” after “före m.,” which I assume means before the closing of the records for that year. Could you please tell me what that abbreviation is and what it means? It might help me continue researching Claës.

Thank you again for being so generous with your knowledge and your time. I doubt that I ever could have understood the full meaning of the entries you have explained for me without your help.

Best wishes,
Linda Johnson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna