ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help me identify the person  (läst 1602 gånger)

2017-04-16, 22:57
läst 1602 gånger

Utloggad Joy B. Clark

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-05-19, 08:02
    • Visa profil
Hello
I am looking to try and place a name to this person that is shown.    My husbands aunt Rena Derwin allegedly married him somewhere from 1919 - 1925.    She was a Model in NY.    Rena died in 1984 and we just found this picture in a box.    Child hood stories said he was a Swedish count.    Before WWII the United States called back their citizens and the marriage ended.     Does he look familiar?

Thank you!1

2017-04-18, 09:58
Svar #1

Utloggad Marianne Elfström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3704
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-26, 15:49
    • Visa profil
The photographers name was Almquist but I cannot read the place or what is written on the second line.

Probably the photographer was Salfon Jonatan Almquist, 1880-1975, from Helsingborg in Skåne.
He was a photographer already 1900/1910 but I do not know for how long.

Have a look at Nättidningen Rötter - Faktabanken - Porträttfynd - Skåne - Helsingborg
(Almquist / Almqvist + S. Almquist):
http://www.genealogi.se/faktabanken/portraettfynd-ren-index/skane/helsingborg

2017-04-18, 10:19
Svar #2

Utloggad Lena Svensson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 170
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-03, 23:49
    • Visa profil
Jag hjälpte honom att översätta på facebokgrupp och tipsade om hjälp här. Det finns ett kort till, jag laddade ner dom för att se bättre och har inte hunnit radera dem än. Där står det Östling och ett nummer. Jag laddar upp det. Det är samma person fast yngre. Samma öron haka mun och näsa.

2017-05-17, 17:11
Svar #3

Utloggad Eva Ohlsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 47
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-24, 11:51
    • Visa profil

I would say the last photo shows a young man wearing the jacket of the Swedish army of the uniform m/1923.

By the way when and where was Rena Derwin born. Was Rena her real name or was it a short of another name? I can't find the marriage of a Rena Derwin in N.Y.

Eva M

2017-05-17, 19:09
Svar #4

Utloggad Joy B. Clark

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 2
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-05-19, 08:02
    • Visa profil
she was born in Louisiana .  Corinne, Corine, Cora .  we think the 2nd spelling is her name.    She also lived in Texas for a while.    1904 is her birth year.    We don't have any marriage info execpt a family story.   Thank you for the help.    The family story is she married a Count from Sweden and the royal family didn't approve since she was an American Citizen.   Before WWII the US called back the citizens abroad .  She came home and returned heirlooms but did keep money.   Like I said , this is a family story.   We may have some other pictures.  The pictures I posted were in a photo album with nothing written on the back.    Unfortunately we don't have his name.

I appreciate the effort of your help.   Joy Clark - Joyclark62@aol.com

2017-05-18, 08:45
Svar #5

Utloggad Eva Ohlsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 47
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-03-24, 11:51
    • Visa profil

You mention the royal family. One of its members, count Folke Bernadotte (with no right to the throne), was as a matter of fact married to an American Estelle Manville, daughter of a millionaire.

Probably it was the man's family who disagreed.

As to the second photo. The name written on it is Östling. There was a photographer Olof Östling in Uppsala.

I have searched  the police records of the port of Gothenburg. Quite a number of American women called Corinne or the like were travelling to America from Gothenburg. Most of them have Swedish last name. However no one called Derwin and no one with a typical nobel name.

You need more information to find her I guess.

Eva M

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna