ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Brita Kaysa Andersdotter, f.6 juli 1860 og Nels Jonas Jonsson, f. 18 april 1858 - Torp  (läst 949 gånger)

2004-04-05, 18:45
läst 949 gånger

Marj Mountainsong

I have the Flyttnings-Attest for my great grandfather and my great grandmother.  They were not married at the time they left Sweden.  I am not able to determine where in Sweden they resided using the geographic search section on this site.  The Flyttnings-Attest says the parish is Torps Forsamling (with two dots over the o) and the next word after that is Wester-Norrlands.  Their names and birthdates are:
Nels Jonas Jonsson (Johnson) born April 18, 1858
Brita Kaysa Andersdotter born July 6, 1860

Any further information anyone can give me regarding these two people (parish location, other family members traveling with them -- perhaps someone named Swordling -- where they departed, name of ship, etc.) would be very much appreciated.  The Flyttnings-Attest is dated June 9, 1882 for Nels and June 8, 1882 for Brita.

Thank you,

Marj

2004-04-08, 21:47
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

There is a Torp (no dots over the o) församling (parish) in Västernorrlands län (county), Medelpad province, Ånge kommun.

// Bo Johansson

2004-04-09, 12:45
Svar #2

Utloggad Berit Tjernberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2255
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-17, 13:36
    • Visa profil
Marj,
On the Medelpad Cd, which you can find information about at this site (also in English):

www.genealogi.se/medelpad

I?ve found following information about Brita Kaysa Andersdotter:

Name: Brita Karin (Kajsa, Kaysa)  
Born: July 6th, 1860 in Gissjö, Torp parish
Christen.: July 15th, 1860
Father: Anders Kristmansson
Born: March 28th, Tirsta, Torp
Death: July 27th 1869, Gissjö, Torp
Mother: Märta Susanna Bjelkström
Born: February 23rd 1822, Gissjö, Torp
Death: April 17th 1887

Perhaps there is someone who can help you with information about Nils Jonas Jonsson. I couldn?t find him on the Cd.

I wish you good luck
Berit

2004-04-09, 23:24
Svar #3

Utloggad Berit Tjernberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2255
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-17, 13:36
    • Visa profil
Marj,
Correction to the birth of Anders Kristmansson.
I forgot the year, and the correct birth: March 28th 1824, Gissjö, Torp.

Regards
Berit

2004-04-10, 17:39
Svar #4

Marj Mountainsong

I am delighted to see a map of the area where my great grandmother, Brita Kaysa, came from and to learn her birthplace and the detailed information about her parents. My mother searched for this information for years (before the Internet!) and was never able to find it.  Thank you both so much.

Since Nils (Nels) has paperwork to leave Sweden written by the same pastor in the same parish, I can only guess that he must have left his family's farm (in some other location) and come to the area where his future bride lived.  I know that before leaving Sweden he belonged to a family that had some wealth and status and that Brita worked as a dairymaid on his parent's farm.
If he were from somewhere else, would he have been able to obtain permission to leave from Brita's pastor?  Since he is not listed in the Torps record, how would I go about finding him?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna