ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Berglind  (läst 2036 gånger)

2016-04-15, 01:08
läst 2036 gånger

Utloggad Kevin Perry

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 7
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-08-16, 00:52
    • Visa profil
Can anyone help me with information on Olle/Olof Berglind, Born about 1890 (Uppsala), Died about 1970 (Västerås, Västmanland).  He married Tyra Beata Scherwin, and they had two sons, Per and Olle, who took their mother's surname.  I can trace Tyra's family, but Olle/Olof is a dead end, except that I have reason to believe his family is of Walloon origin.  The name spellings and dates are taken directly from a Swedish mini-biography of Olle Scherwin, who was a noted organist and professor.

2016-04-15, 14:17
Svar #1

Utloggad Leif G. Olofsson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2193
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-16, 08:56
    • Visa profil
Tyra Beata Scherwin, b 1901 Sept 12 in Eskilstuna, died 1983 Aug 03 in Västerås (Sveriges dödbok 1901-2013). She is noted as unmarried.
In Västerås C:21a 1925 I found that she gave birth to Olof Berglind-Schwerin, b 1925 July 15. In Västerås AIIa:20, page 3313 I found Tyra Beata and her son. She is not married, but the vicar has noted, that "rådman" (=city court judge) Olof Berglind, had admitted being the father of the child. There is nothing more said about him. A Nils Olof Berglind, Västerås, died in 1972 Sept 25. He was born in Johannes, Stockholm 1887 May 25.
Looking at the 1950 cencus I found Nils Olof Berglind in Västerås, working as a city judge, and with the same birth dates.
He is a married man, but his wife is Anna Emerentia. They got married in 1933.
The births in Stockholm area are noted in Rotemansarkivet, and a search there tells me that Nils Olof Andersson/Berglind was born in Johannes, 1887 May 28. No parents are noted. But he appears in those records in 1908 for the first time, and is then a student, living by himself.

I am pretty sure that this is "your man", but you say he was married to Tyra Beata. But all data about her say she was not married. Try to go on looking for Nils Olof Andersson/Berglind´s parents.

Good luck!
Leif Olofsson

2016-04-15, 15:30
Svar #2

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hello again.
New search in Jakob o Johannes CIa:28 tells me, that Nils Olof was born 1887 May 28 in Johannes. His father: Carl Johan Andersson, 37 years old, and his mother Hulda Vilhelmina Berglind, age 26. They were married and lived at nr 5 Thulegatan. the husband was a "mechanic".
Back to Rotemansregistret, and:
Carl Johan Andersson, born 1850 Febr 03 in Örebro, Örebro län.
Hulda Vilhelmina Berglind, born 1861 in Tryserum, Kalmar län (Småland).

Leif O

2016-04-15, 20:57
Svar #3

Utloggad Kevin Perry

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
Hej Leif!
Tack så mycket!!
Do not get your hopes up.  That was nearly the limit of my Swedish, and half of it came from Google translator ;)  I am getting better at reading some Swedish, but I expect to be about 120 years old before I can converse.
The information you provided was very helpful, and it agrees with what little I had before.  I think I would like to eventually learn more about Carl Johan Andersson and Hulda V. Berglind, but you have already given me an explanation for what was previously a mystery.  Carl and Hulda would be great great grandparents to my wife's 2d cousin.  Ancestry.com has no hints for Carl, but I hope to get this branch back at least three more generations (That is the point where my search hints seem to dry up in other branches.
Again, thank you!!
Kevin

2016-04-15, 21:01
Svar #4

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Glad to be at your assistance, with or without your knowledge of Swedish :)
Good luck, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to write them.
Leif

2016-04-15, 21:21
Svar #5

Utloggad Kevin Perry

• Anbytare *
    • Visa profil
I try not to be a pest but, since you offer, do you possibly know anything more about Carl Johan Andersson?
Also, do you have any information or thoughts on the Vallon origin of the Berglinds, or can you suggest another source I should check?  I contacted the Society of Swedish Wallon Descendants, but they could not help.  Apparently, many Vallons totally changed their names so tracing is nearly impossible.
Thanks,
Kevin

2016-04-16, 08:58
Svar #6

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Hej igen.
Tracing vallon-origin usually demands research for many generations back. The vallons came to Sweden in the first part of the 17th century. But I promise to have a go with Carl Johan Andersson. But remember the Berglind name is from the wife´s side of the family, so if you suspect Berglind to be of vallon origin, that might be the case.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna