ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: En engelskmans testamente från år 1638.  (läst 552 gånger)

2004-03-07, 15:04
läst 552 gånger

Utloggad Ann Little

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1252
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-23, 20:10
    • Visa profil
Kanske kan det vara av intresse för svenska släktforskare att få se hur en 'vanlig' engelskmans testmente kunde se ut för 366 år sedan. Nedanstående är taget ur boken Archives and Local History by F.G. Emmison, tryckt 1966. Precis som i gamla svenska handlingar, så stavas många ord inte på samma vis som idag;

Will of Samuel Barker of Prittlewell, Essex, tanner, 1639.

In the name of God Amen(21 Feb.1638/9.) I Samuel Barker of Prittlewell in the County of Essex tanner being sicke in body butt of good mind and perfect memory doe ordeyn and make this my last will and testament in manner and forme following. First I commend my soule into the handes of Almighty God my Maker trusting through the meritt of Christe his sonne to have my sinnes pardoned and my soule saved. And my body I comitt to the earth whence it was taken to be decently buryed att the discrecion of my executrix herin named. Imprimis I bequeath unto Elizabeth my wife my dwelling house with all the houshold stuffe whatsoever contayned in the same together with the orchardes gardens hopgrounds outhouses and all the appurtenaunces thereunto belonging to her and her heyres for ever. Item I bequeath unto Elizabeth my sayd wife two acres of ground more or lesse called Mill Croft lyeing in Prittlewell to her and to her heyres for ever. Item I give and bequeath unto Elizabeth my sayd wife all the hides, leather and skins whatsoever in my tanyard and the lease of my sayd tanyard together with my barke and horses. Item I give unto John Wittam the sonne of John Wittam of Northshoberry in Essex the sum of ten poundes to be payd unto him att the age of one and twenty yeares. Item I give unto my brother John Wittam and Frances his wife fourty shillings to be payd a yeare after my decease. Item I give unto Thomas Pecke vicar of Prittlewell fourty shillings to be payd a yeare after my decease. Item I give unto the poore people of Prittlewell fourty shillings. Item I give unto my two men John Peperill and George Richardson ten shillings a peice to be payd a year after my decease. Item I make Elizabeth my wife sole executrix of this my last will and testament and John Wittam of Nortshoberry my brother overseer. In witnesse wherof I sett to my hand and seale the day and yeare abovewritten.

Sealed and delivered in the presence of us Samuel Barker  
Thomas Peck Tho. Cocke John Boy

(Added) Memorandum that Elizabeth Barker my wife is to keep Hannah Barker my kinswoman for the rent of her house till she comes of age to enjoy it.
Probatum apud Chelmesford 14 to Martii 1638 (proved at Chelmsford 14 March 1638/9).

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna