ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Nils Jonsson 1887 - Audrey  (läst 530 gånger)

2002-01-23, 05:03
läst 530 gånger

Audrey Parks

I am looking for information about my Grandfather Nils Jonsson and his family from Jarpen, Jamtland.  I believe that the parish is Undersakers, but am not sure.  He was born in November 1877, and had sisters named Marta, Johanna, Katerina (Katrina?), Alma and at least one other brother whose name I do not know.  I also do not know the names of his parents, or any other information about him other than that he emigrated to Winnipeg, Canada.  I would like to find out about his family, in which year he emigrated, which ship he took and whether he landed in Canada or the USA.  I do know that his sister Katerina married Olov Larsson and they had 7 boys - one was named Nils Elf b. 1916 in Jarpen,
and another one was Thure - the others I do not know. My Mother knows so little about her past ancestors, she is now 81 years old, and I would like to find out what I can for her.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2002-01-23, 14:35
Svar #1

Utloggad Fred Bergqvist

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 77
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-07-28, 00:06
    • Visa profil
Hello!
The missing brother could be Jakob born  
and the parents Jon Nilsson (b 1854) and  
Katarina Jakobsdotter (b 1856). 1890 they  
lived  
in Hårdsta, Undersåker parish.
You'll find this information by searching in:
  http://www.foark.umu.se/folk/z/Sok.asp
Församling: Undersåker
Förnamn: Nils
Födelseår: 1877
Click the Sök-button.

Good luck! /Fred B

2002-01-24, 02:12
Svar #2

Audrey Parks

Thanks Fred for your quick response.  I have seen this information before, and this is the place where I believe that I found my Grandfather Nils, but his sister Alma is not listed - maybe she was born after the 1890 Census was taken?  I have also searched back and believe that I have found the parents of Jon Nilsson b. 1854 Tp. to be Nils Nilsson and Caharina Olofsdr, but I haven't been able to proceed any further than this. I also am unable to find any way of tracing Jon Nilsson's wife, Katarina Jakobsdotter, or any of her ancestors. Any suggestions or assistance you could give me are greatly appreciated, as I am just so thrilled that I am finally getting some knowledge about my ancestors.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna