ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emigrantdokument 1909  (läst 557 gånger)

2004-12-05, 02:14
läst 557 gånger

Emma Hofmeijer

Vad står det om min John Eriksson?
Tacksam för all hjälp.

2005-04-02, 06:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 297
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-06-11, 05:22
    • Visa profil
The lower one:

American Citizen...190(9? 1?)..Home Moorhead Minn.

Bill? Court Co(mpany?) of Clay Minn. May 24th 1900

Bill? Court Co(unty?) of Clay Minn. May 24th 1900

2005-04-02, 10:23
Svar #2

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Står det inte snarare Dist[rict] Court Co[unty] of Clay Minn[esota] May 24th 1900, d.v.s. att han blev naturaliserad vid Clay county's distriktsdomstol angivet datum.  

Clay countys huvudstad är Moorhead och det hela ligger på gränsen till North Dakota.

2005-04-03, 01:38
Svar #3

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi,  
You're more likely right than I.  
Of course you're probably familiar with the type of document this is lifted from and no doubt there are other people listed on it who are also US citizens described in a like manner. That is, the place where citzienship was conferred.  
Also, since the leadup is about citizen status, it follows that subsequent information would describe where those records may be found.
As for the capital letter D, you may have found elsewhere on the document where a similarly shaped letter is most likely a D, not a B.

Here were my thoughts:
There are Bill Court named people in the USA today, and it's not impossible a company once had that name.  
Again, not knowing the context of the document, I instead went with my experiences at the US-Canada border points where one is asked to provide evidence of employment.

What is the column heading for the 1909 entry, if that's what is written?

As for the upper one:
US Citizenship. In this instance, unlike in Dist, is the t crossed? Or is the crossing line just a line travelling from above on the page?
At the left appears a signature and Inspector underneath. I speculate that the  various numbers are the result of compiling and checking the data for goodness know what.
52 is his age?
Then we have Lob? Sob? Lat? or a combination
of letters. What is the heading?
And what is this document, anyway?

Best regards,
Thomas V.

2005-04-03, 01:46
Svar #4

Utloggad Thomas Vikander

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Elisabeth,
 I'm sorry, but I wrote my previous message as if I were correspoding with Emma. Please disregard my questions regarding the origins etc. of the document.
Best regards,  
Thomas V.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna