NULL Skriv ut sidan - August Bryntesson, Ida Maja Andersson

Anbytarforum

Titel: August Bryntesson, Ida Maja Andersson
Skrivet av: Karen Wise skrivet 1999-11-09, 21:32
Hi Anneli:  This definitely sound like my Ida.
However, the date I was given for August and Ida's emigration was August 12, 1892.  August and Ida moved to the Sundsvall area at some point.  I have their marriage as February 9, 1878 - but I don't know where they got married.  Their son, Tycko August, was born November 15, 1878 in Alno parish, Vi (next to Sundsvall).  Daughter Jennie Matilda (my grandmother) was born March 24, 1881 in Alno, Vi.  Son David Harold was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where the family emigrated to, in May 1895.  So the emigration date of 1892 makes sense.  Also, August shows up in the 1893 Minneapolis directory - but not before that.
I am surprised to learn that Ida's father was in America from 1869-1874.  Does it say if he traveled alone or where he went in America?
Ida had 2 sisters:  Stina - who married a Herman.  She was the oldest of the 3 girls.  From family recordings, Stina was a school teacher her whole life.  She and her husband apparently had no children.  Herman was a locktender on the Gota Canal.
                           Mathilda - who married Carl Gustaf Sjoblom (later changed to Leander)
Mathilda was born March 23, 1862 in Ed - married November 10, 1888 somewhere in Sweden.  I have a feeling that maybe Ida and Mathilda moved to the Sundsvall area and possibly were married there, but that is speculation.
In the Minnesota 1900 census, it states that August emigrated in 1893 and has been in the USA for 7 years - another thing that makes the 1892 emigration make sense.
It also appears from the 1905 census, that a Tom (26 years old) and Hedvig (24 years old) Benson (previously Bryntesson) probably came to the USA with August and Ida, because all are listed as being in the USA for 13 years.  I don't know who Tom and Hedvig are, but I'd sure like to find out!
If you can find out any additional information, I'd be really grateful.  
You and Sven have been so nice to do this for me.  
Karen