NULL Skriv ut sidan - Camitz

Anbytarforum

Titel: Camitz
Skrivet av: Luke Ronlund skrivet 2011-08-16, 07:45
Using this as a draft source document for quick reference .... http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=janeur&id=I24921  

My speculation is that my ancestor Giöran/Georgien/Georg Camitz later of Örebro was born Georg Camitz, a twin to Christina at Kristinehamn on 11 May 1709 (C:2 p 193). The source above identifies this child by the christian name of Johan. Using the reference above, this childs subsequent lot in life appears unknown. Were he to grow up, move cities and die in another city, then this would partially explain why the source above has his future unknown.  

The source above also demonstrates where the use of name variations can be problematic for other researchers. The original birth record looks quite clearly to me to identify the twins “Georg” and “Christina”. And yet the source above identifies them as “Johan” and “Kristina”.  

Any thoughts please? Am I really clutching at straws here?  

Another interesting potential fact. “Twinning” appears to have a biological basis, particularly fraternal twins ie twins have a higher chance of having twins themselves (or their children having twins) than the average population. My ancestor Anders Camitz (born 1740 Nikolai Örebro) was a fraternal twin to Giöran. If the Georg Camitz I identify above is his father, then he too was a fraternal twin (being born with sister Christina 1709 Kristinehamn).