NULL Skriv ut sidan - Nyström

Anbytarforum

Titel: Nyström
Skrivet av: Eric Johnson skrivet 2013-07-19, 06:10
Hello, Kenneth and Keith!

My name is Eric Johnson and am an American of Swedish descent.  My ancestors came to the US in 1888.  I have studied my Swedish roots for some time, but didn't make a huge increase to my tree until I hired a Swedish genealogist by the name of Christina Tuvesson Lindaryd from Vadstena.  She did an amazing job researching my Värmland and Örebro roots.  Parishes like Visnum, Rudskoga, Kroppa, Lungsund, and Nysund were found many lines.  She extended one of my lines to Christopher Graff b ca 1560, of which there is some activity on this forum about him.

We have common lines!  My line connects to Petter Persson Nyström 1759 and Stina Eriksdotter 1762 through their daughter Britta born 17 July 1804.  Kenneth, it was amazing to read your listing of names, dates, places, and occupations.  Previously, I was able to determine Petter Persson Nystrom's parents as Peter Andersson Horn 1724/1731 and Annika Olofsdotter 1733.  However, I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind.

I too found Peter Andersson add Horn to his name at the time of his marriage and the birth of his first child.  But it goes away after that.  Is this common?  Would this stay with him for life?

I found the images on Ancestry.com for Petter 1759 - birth, marriage, and death.  Also the household examination records (HER) from birth to death.  However, I don't see his name with Horn in the HER.  Can you help clarify how you were to add Horn to Nyström?

Also, I'm having a little problem linking him to Anders Svensson 1693 and Annika Jeansdotter 1694.  I thought this was the obvious choice.  After looking at the HER records for Anders's family, and looking for godfathers and witnesses at Petter's marriage and children's birth records I see nothing.

I also can't find Petter's birth record.  Most of the HER records put his birth year at 1724.  I see you have 1731.  After looking at that year range I still don't see him.  The 1724/1731 birth year variance doesn't bother me as I found the records of Annika Olofsdotter's family the birth years are off by as much as 20 years!!  That was a challenge when tracking the HER and birth records!

Finally, you have two of Petter's sisters as Anna born 1727 and Catharina born 1729.  I can't find them in the birth records.  But you have an entry that has (Family Search).  I too see this entry on Family Search.  How can the LDS Church identify these two as family members, but the Swedish records (on Ancestry.com) not list them?  Perhaps were they born in another Parish?  It seems unlikely as all the siblings were born in Hornkullen.

I appreciate any assistance, sir.

Best regards,

Eric Johnson, California