NULL Skriv ut sidan - Le Compte / Kunt / Kundt

Anbytarforum

Titel: Le Compte / Kunt / Kundt
Skrivet av: Ursula Wertheim-Schäfer skrivet 2006-04-27, 22:23
Hello,
I was looking for my ancestors De Besche/Radou and found this notice about Le Compte/Kunth the ancestors of my husband. This is a släkten who was also in Mannheim, ancestors live in
Plankstadt/Germany mit name Gund. Pierre le Comte was in Mannheim/Friesenheim=now Ludwigshafen am Rhein. Also
Jaques le Conte*born in france 1620,
who take his Name in Gund ca. 1668. This is a family with a legend
The second name changed from Le Conte Lecompte, Lecomte, Le Gont (by my husbands, thats also Plankstadter master father from Jakob Gont, Conth, Konnt, Gunth and Gund) to remin in our region and some in America to Gund. In Mannheim, Ludwigshafen/Friesenheim, Frankenthal, Friedrichsdorf the name kept Le Conte/Le Compte or Leconte/Lecomte. In Speyer and environment one called oneself Kunth and was catholic. The members emigrated to Holland and to the (over England) USA call themselves in the meantime De Graff/De Groff.
Background are among other things the constant ideas of the French troops, finally lived one in the borderland.
an not occupied l e g e n d:
Familys of Gund told to their childen, that they be descendants from the house Conde of France. (3 brother/prince) fled after the Bartholomaeusnight from their castle by Lyon (it concerns new research results from France rather Laon sews itself the Belgian border) under loss of their title and fortune. They carried on trade there upon in Spain and Italy with own ships, in order to become resident then after negotiation with cure princes of the Palatine in the Churpalatine. One became a part of a big agriculture, second was hunter in Bruehl, third settled into the proximity of Frankfurt/ Hessen.  
Recommendation letters in French and Italian kept them in one also made of iron (boubon lilies) fitted crate in the stable, likewise the family coats of arms. Both fell the bombs of the second world war to the victim.
Der 30 jaehrige Krieg und durch Ludwig XIV angeordneten Brandschatzungen im Erbfolgekrieg 1688 bis 1697 vernichteten bereits in einigen Staedten der Kurpfalz viele Dokumente Mannheim wird ganz zerstoert. Der 2. Weltkrieg gab den noch vorhandenen Papieren/Buechern der in Frage kommenden Archive den Rest. Allerdings gibt es Aufzeichnungen der 2 Wappen. Ein Weiteres soll es in Frankreich bei Avignon gegeben haben. 1870 musste die Familie des Jakob Gund fliehen, die zu dieser Zeit in Avignon eine Bierbrauerei betrieb.
The Thirty Years War and after them by Ludwig XIV arranged plundering in the Succession War 1688 to 1697 already many documents destroyed in some cities of the Churpalatine. Mannheim was again completely down-torn. The Second World War gave the remainder to the still existing paper/books of which was applicabled in archives.  
However there are recordings of two coats of arms. A further had to have given it in France in Avignon. 1870 had to flee the family of Jakob Gund, which operated a Brewery at this time in Avignon.