NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 15 februari, 2006

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 15 februari, 2006
Skrivet av: Steve Palmquist skrivet 2004-05-23, 08:38
Ja, von Rahden/von Rhoden (etc.) fortsätter att vara en utmanning som sporrar till ytterligare sökande. Någon som vet mer eller har behov för att ta del av denna upplysning som jag fått?

Citat med svar från Otto Baron von Grotthuss (Chairman of the Courlandic Knightage) vid föfrågan om ätterna von Rahden/von Rhoden:

The family von Rahden stems originally from a larger family group, called Rode, von Rode, van Roden, de Rothe and similar. The German word Roden means clearing woodland and appears extremely often in family names, as part of them, the same in names of local places. The first known R. was a Thetmarus nobilis dictus de Rothe in 1227 from a castle in the Oldenburg/Bremen area.
The German - Baltic family von Rahden, later barons von R., are very well documented. This branch had been separated by historians from the rest of the Rahden/Rode(n) etc., in order to be able to do genealogical work on the Baltic branch, starting properly with the oldest roots in Germany.
A first Rolef v. Rahden appears in the then Livonian Kurland/Courland (now Latvia) in 1520 as member of the Teutonic Order. From there every family member and geographical move (e. g. to Poland and Russia) is more or less known, but I could not trace a single hint to Danish relationship.
The older Rahdens/Rode(n)s etc. lived, as I said, in the region of Bremen and Oldenburg, both Lower Saxony in what is north-western Germany now (whereas Mecklenburg is north-eastern Germany now). I have some names fron these older families, also one Heinrich (extremely common name then) but no Heinrich Achatius. That, however, would not say too much, because the names passed on from those old times are rather erratic......

The last German-Baltic Rahdens are one baron in Usbekistan and his two sons in Moscow (I met them all there).
I may mention, also, that another family with the name of von Rahden came from the lower Rhein area and later lived in Prussia. They have no known connection with the German-Balts. And of these I have no documentation. But they may be your ancestors, also.

M.V.H. Steve