NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2011-09-28

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2011-09-28
Skrivet av: Judy Olson Baouab skrivet 2010-03-09, 19:37
This is for my cousin Harold Olson:

Why didn't you ask me that question about the Hanssons? I have that information (and I've had it for a few years) and as I've said lots of times, ask me specific questions because I can't remember what I've told you already. I'm glad to share what I know with you. (Remember we're going to see each other at the NGS Conference near the end of April. I'll give you the sources then.)

I will supplement the excellent information provided by Monika Wilander with some more of my research.

There were more children born after 1900.

Anna Gunhild Alfrida was born 2 November 1902 in Grunsbo, Frändefors, and died 25 December 1996 in Grunsbo, Frändefors. She did not marry.

Laura Helga Linnéa was born 23 December 1904 in Grunsbo, Frändefors, and died 6 May 1982 in Grunsbo, Frändefors. She did not marry.

Artur Holger Tage was born 31 May 1907 in Grunsbo, Frändefors, and died 1 December 1936 at Vänersborg Epidemisjukhuset in Älvsborg county. (This is not very far from Frändefors.) He was not married and he died of polio. His residence in the parish death record was Grunsbo.

There were no descendants from that family. Only one of the children married and they had no children.

Gustaf Hansson and Mathilda Olsdotter Hansson had a stillborn boy born 6 September 1890 in Gråttetorp, Frändefors.

Gustaf Hansson died 10 December 1930 in Grunsbo, Frändefors.

Gustaf Fridolf Julius was married to Dagmar Viktoria Mattsson. She was born 11 December 1901 in Göteborgs Haga parish in the city of Göteborg. She died 26 January 1894 in Göteborgs Karl Johan parish in the city of Göteborg.

I haven't yet found the death of Mathilda Olsdotter Hansson, but I haven't had time to check the 1939 deaths at SVAR. She died between 1939 and 1947. She was mentioned as still living in the obituary of Aunt May who died in 1939.

Johannes Paul Ferdinand was the Paul Hanson that Alfreda used to talk about all the time. We have a photo of him in his casket and we have a group photo showing Paul with a bunch of the Hanssons and maybe some others. I can pick out the parents. (Gustaf Hansson looks like the fanjunkare photo I sent you a long time ago.) I think Mathilda is next to him. I don't know if you have those photos.

At any rate, Alfreda talked a lot about Paul who was the only Hansson who wanted to come to the U.S. (Look at the letter she sent you long ago telling about the Olson side of the family.) She was mostly correct in the letter but I found additional information about Paul.

Paul can be found on the Emihamn database leaving the port of Göteborg 28 July 1923. He arrived in New York (Ellis Island) 7 August 1923. His obituary says he arrived on the 11th but I trust the manifest.

He died 28 September 1923 after that accident where he almost drowned. His place of death was the Methodist Episcopal Hospital, Brooklyn, Kings County, New York. (Alfreda talked about that in her letter.) His cause of death was lobar pneumonia that he had for 14? days and contributing to that was encephalitis, which he had for 3 days. I found a burial record for him in the Bethlehem Church which was held before he was shipped to Chicago.

He was buried in Oakwoods Cemetery in Chicago. (Alfreda's letter explains why he wasn't shipped back to his parents in Frändefors, which is what Aunt May originally planned to do.)

I don't know if you have the marriage date for Gustaf Hansson and Mathilda Olsdotter. They married 12 June 1888 in Frändefors.

Judy