NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 augusti, 2013

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 augusti, 2013
Skrivet av: Linda Sandahl skrivet 2012-12-11, 12:19
Hi!
I'm trying to solve a mystery. This is the story: Carolina Jonsson, born 13 May 1850 in Ransäter, Varmlands, married Karl Erik Lundgren, born 1848, in 1890. He was a widower with one son and two daughters, and she had an 11 year old daughter, Elsa Maria. The whole family moved to Mora, where two more children were born, Erik Fridolf and Elinda Carolina. Then, for unknown reasons, Carolina and her three children left Mora and moved to Falu Kristine. Karl Erik's daughter Anna Maria lived with them for a few years, and her sister Elin stayed with their father in Mora.  

In 1903, Elsa Maria went to America. And in 1906, Carolina's two children, Erik Fridolf and Elinda Carolina, were taken back to Mora and told that their mother had become ill and died.

Carolina Lundgren f. Jonsson is listed as deceased in the church household register; but her name is not listed in the parish death register.

The story in the family is that she did not die in 1906, but became mentally ill and was sent to a hospital, where she died years later. Elinda Carolina (my grandmother!) was not told about this until she was an adult.

Can anyone tell me how to find out what really happened?

Thanks!

Linda Sandahl